I would love to know if anyone has had any results speaking with whirlpool about rust? I too, have rust at the bottom of the handles on both doors of my refrigerator.

I have been speaking with HHGregg and whirlpool for a couple of months now and I am just advised that rust is NOT covered. I was told by a rep at HHGregg that they see this all the time? I am out raged!! Whirlpool finally sent someone out from an appliance repair shop and he basically told me that this should not have happened and whirlpool will do nothing about it!!

He confirmed that I was cleaning the fridge correctly and did nothing to cause this, although every time we speak to whirlpool they keep trying to blame the consumer. They know it is not my fault but flat out refuse help.

Review about: Whirlpool Refrigerator.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

Per Whirlpool's warranty rust is deemed "cosmetic" and if not reported within' 30 days they will not do anything. Anything outside of that they assume it is something that the customer does.

I would ask to speak with a supervisor given that you did have one of their technicians out. Perhaps they can do something for you.