Featured Not resolved
1.2
Ease of Use
Style and Design

I purchased a refrigerator from HHgregg on a HHgregg credit card, price $2,197 model # WRV986FDEM01 S# K61328309 delivered June 5, 2016.I noticed after about two weeks that the food placed in the box was spoiling.

Initially I thought the food I brought was bad but after replacing the items and noticing those items had gone bad I placed a service call. I was told by the service rep that he was unsure why the refrigerator was not getting cold and that maybe the themistor needed to be replaced and that the part would take 3 to 4 days, that was on July 8. After two weeks I called Mrappliance (contractor used by whirlpool) to find the part was on back order, I was told they will have someone call me back, that was on July 25 as of July 27 no call back. I contacted hhgregg to see If I could just get a replacement and was told that would be up to whirlpool.

I called whirlpool on July 27 and spoke with Two reps who both stated according to the system the part was showing it was in stock and if so they would send it out and if not then they would contact the vendor. This was unacceptable and I then ask to speak to someone else and was transferred to Robert. I again explained my frustration with the cost of purchasing food daily and that I would like to have it replaced. He then told me that they just received an email regarding the needed piece today (7/27/16) and he would expedite the part in two days ( this was the same part I was told may or may not be in stock) I asked to be transferred and was told someone would call me back (still waiting).

At this point I just want a new refrigerator, if it takes this long to get a part that may or may not be the proper fix (according to the service rep) I could be without for another month or two. I have a family to feed and this is really unacceptable.

I have since paid the card off and believe I am due better service than what I have received.They did not have to chase me to pay for it and I should not have to chase them to give me a new working refrigerator.

Pictures of food after sitting in the refrigerator for a few days

This person wrote the review because of damaged or defective of whirlpool wrv986fdem01 refrigerator from Whirlpool and attached photo s. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Whirlpool to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Whirlpool for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Whirlpool?

Comments

Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa #1198626

First of all, styrofoam containers are not adequate storage devices for leftovers.Try an appropriate airtight plastic or glass container designed for food storage.

Second, the food pictured was clearly more than "a couple of days" old.I don't know what kind of scam you are trying to pull, but I am not buying it!

San Jacinto, California, United States #1191731