On March 3rd I purchased dishwasher Model KUDE70FXSS1 Serial #F10202361

on Whirlpool's VIP link. I wanted to have the dishwasher installed but

Whirlpool's VIP link didn't have an option for installation so I just paid to have the dishwasher delivered and my old one removed. Upon delivery of

the dishwasher on March 9th I stated the left rear wheel was damaged,

bent in, to the delivery person who promptly noted it on the delivery

receipt. I also noticed that the unit was a little off balance he

replied to me that the front legs just needed to be adjusted. I

believed what he had told me and signed the delivery receipts with the

additional note about the Left rear wheel being damaged.

The driver also happened to mention that they do install dishwashers and

I should call to have somebody come back out. When I called Whirlpool

they gave me the cold shoulder and said that wasn't their policy; I had

to request the installation service at the time of purchase. Whirlpool

would not come back out.

After a couple days of driving around to get a hose and a plug for the

installation I finally installed it on March 12th. Once installed, and

I actually opened the front door all the way, I noticed that the hinges

were rubbing against the tub of the dishwasher and the hinge was bent

and main tub damaged. I am a customer, not a dishwasher repairman; no

normal person would have been able to catch the damage that is on my

machine.

Whirlpool's Customer Service department has sent out a repairman who confirmedthe dishwasher needs new tub and you will cover it under warranty. I do NOT want that; I want a new dishwasher. First if Whirlpool's websiteworked the way it should have and offered an installation service Iwouldn't be in this boat. The people installing it would of realized it was damaged prior to them leaving. Second, I find it hard to believe that Whirlpool's policy states to send me a new tub and have all the equipment from my new dishwasher installed on the new tub, so

essentially I have paid $989 for a new dishwasher that's really a

refurbished dishwasher after one week of service.

In my mind Whirlpool is bordering on the line of criminals. They delivered something that was damaged and now they refuse to take it back. Do not buy Whirlpool!!

Review about: Whirlpool Dishwasher.

Had an Experience with Whirlpool?

Comments

Denver, Colorado, United States #686700

I had the same problem with a Whirlpool product that I purchased through VIPLink.I bought a $900 microwave and when I turned it on, it made a terrible sound, didn't heat a cup of water and then simply died.

They want to fix it under warranty, but I want a new, working microwave.I agree that this level of customer service is criminal!!

WP2008
Cosala, Sinaloa, Mexico #358964

Hi my name is Kyle and I am a representative of Whirlpool.I am sorry to learn of the issue you are having with your appliance.

If there is anything that I can do please reach out to me via e-mail at Whirlpool_Digital@Whirlpool.com please include your full name, user name, physical address, along with the model and serial number of the appliance you are having concerns with.

Please also include what site we contacted you on for our records.Thanks

DITTO !! Your letter addresses my experience to the letter.