1.3K views

Whirlpool front load washer Mod# WFW9050XW00. The bellow seal around the tub ripped clothing right after it was purchased.

A new part was put in and the repairman said the wrong part was on the machine to begin with. 11 months later the seal is leaking and ripping clothing again. This time the replacement part is not the correct part for my machine and it is ripping up clothing again. Customer service is nonexsistant.

The part that is now in my machine is listed as the correct part, it just does not fit. There is a 3/4 inch gap between the hard rough rubber seal and the tub. this allows for fabric to get caught and tabgled then ripped. I have lost 4 - 5 hundred dollars of clothes due to this crappy design and poor quality machine.

Customer service to help out or take care of this problem is nonexsistant. They do not want to be bothered.

I will never buy another whirlpool appliance, and my house is full of them right now, its wasted money and the product quality is junk. My washer is not worth the metal its made from.

Product or Service Mentioned: Whirlpool Washing Machine.

Comments

Bakersfield, California, United States #1237043

I am a service tech.The was ripping clothes could be due to overloading the washing machine.Also if tou have delicate clothes they make something called garmet bags.Put them in a garmet bag if you are still concerned.Also when you load the washing machine make sure you only load like fabrics in the unit.As in dont wash jeans or towels with shirts.

Oh yeah its not your fault at all haha

#820329

Hi I'm appliance jack and have been servicing all makes of washer dryer combos for over twenty years now. The problem you are describing sounds like the door boot seal has come loose or was installed incorrectly.

To check the seal installation, look for the dark grey rubber boot. The boot should be installed over the inner drum flange. This flange will be visible on both sides of the inner housing if it is installed incorrectly. Pulling and pushing the rotating drum should cause the boot to flex.

If the boot is not looped over the inner flange correctly, grab the boot flange, rubber tab hanging down and pull down and toward the rear of the machine. This will stretch the flange out and allow you to place your finger behind the crease. Take the crease and started at the top and drape it over the inner flange. Carefully work you way all the way around and push the boot flange inside the space between the inner flange and the rotating drum.

The boot gasket will fall into place as you get enough of it over the flange.

At the end of installation the boot should be within a half inch of the rotating drum. Hope you can get this attached on your own, it is really and easy fix and saves you a service call.

Good luck

Jack

I have exact same problem with my whirlpool. Piece of junk.

Has lost $500( cost of this junk machine) + $600 (ripped clothes). Customer service service is useless

Allen, Texas, United States #587630

I have the same Washer with the same problem. is it Badly designed and they should have a recall on it.

WP2008

Hi my name is Kyle and I am a representative of Whirlpool. I am sorry to learn of the issue you are having with your appliance.

If there is anything that I can do please reach out to me via e-mail at Whirlpool_Digital@Whirlpool.com please include your full name, user name, physical address, along with the model and serial number of the appliance you are having concerns with.

Please also include what site we contacted you on for our records. Thanks

to WP2008 Arkansas City, Kansas, United States #1227546

I have the same problem, did Whirlpool ever eventually fix your issues?

jryt