We have had a Whirlpool Cabrio washer WTW7800XL0 for 2 years and the plastic around the lid cracked and the glass popped up in the back.We dealt with it for a while and then it had to be replaced.

We tried to call Whirlpool and they said that there were no known issues with the lid. If you search online you can find that everyone has a complaint about this lid. So I sucked it up and purchased a new lid for $230.00. Only 2 months later the glass is starting to pull up in the back again and the lid is cracking.

I called and complained to Whirlpool once again and the supervisor told me again "sorry we have known issues with the lid" there is nothing we can do at this time. I am sorry but this just is not the correct way to handle this. I paid almost $1,000.00 for a washer 3 years ago I should not have to keep paying $230.00 for a new lid every year. They no longer make the model washer anymore and the one they replaced it with has a metal piece around the lid instead of glass.

Wonder why????

I am sure because they knew that the plastic lids kept breaking.I love Whirlpool products but if they can not help us with this issue some how, I will never buy one of their products again!

Review about: Whirlpool Washing Machine.

Had an Experience with Whirlpool?

Comments

WP2008

Hi jett8557, we are very sorry to hear about the frustration you have endured with your washer.Please email us directly at Whirlpool.Digital@Whirlpool.com with your name, phone number, address, model and serial number, and this reference number: 62771.

We will look into this matter further for you once your email is received.Best regards, Ashley