We bought a new whirlpool washer in March 2010 for $600.Yesterday ,(2/19/12) , the washer stopped working.

We called a repairman today, 2/20/12, and we're told that the motor needs tone replaced. We called Whirlpool and they told us that we did not have an extended warranty and in their opinion the motor should not last more than a year. They told us they would replace the motor if we paid $299. I do not think any motor on any appliance should need to be replaced in less than two years.

The fact that Whirlpool takes the position that a motor is only good for one year show that they make inferior products, they know the products are inferior and they will not stand behind them. I will never buy another Whirlpool product.

BUYER BEWARE.

Review about: Whirlpool Washing Machine.

Had an Experience with Whirlpool?

Comments

WP2008

Hello Amichetti.My name is Melanie and I am a representative of Whirlpool.

We apologize about the frustration you have experienced with your washer. If you would like us to look into this further, please provide your name, the site you were contacted on, your user ID name, your phone number, your address, the full model and serial number, and email the requested information to Whirlpool.Digital@whirlpool.com.

We would be happy to review your concerns further.Sincerely, Melanie.

So solly, chinese junk, fried rice in bearing

but Whirlypew make booku bucks, consmer is flucked. corperate spin version...... Whirlpool is a world wide entity, sourcing parts from the most advanced sources throughout the world, god bless us for enriching the lives of those who don't know what a washing machine is