Update by user Nov 12, 2011

Since Whirlpool refuses to accept responsibility for me getting junk from them for $2245., this complaint/review will now stay on this website for years. They will learn that when a consumer pays

top dollar, they expect top quality merchandise.

Original review posted by user Oct 12, 2011

We paid $2245.06 for a top of the line set of Whirlpool 7800 Washer/Dryer. One was repaired at least 4 times & is now damaged. The other unit can't be repaired.

On 2/15/11 we purchased a top of the line matching set of Whirlpool Washer/Dryer from Lowe's with an extended warranty for an additional 4 years and were told it covered everything from "top to bottom". Two months later the Dryer stopped working and had to be replaced. On 8/23/11, the Washer stopped working because the lid cracked and we waited through 4 visits by various repairmen contracted out by Lowe's and included a factory authorized repairman from Whirlpool. The Lowe's repairman couldn't fix the problem and ended up damaging the Washer and admitted doing so. He took a brush and painted over the scratched up areas. This is not acceptable.

The Whirlpool repairman could not repair the Dryer and said he would have to order numerous parts and try to rebuild it. Totally unacceptable.

In addition to this, the Lowe's repairman refused to come out to fix these unless we provided them with our credit card which we were forced to do. They did not fix the units but charged us $150. We have seen been refunded $75. of the fraudulently charged $150. I have made at least 10-15 telephone calls to the service provider Lowe's Service Advantage, the local Lowe's store of purchase and the Whirlpool Co. In essence all I have gotten for this frustration and aggravation is "we're working on it".

Since these units have had to been repaired numerous times or can't be repaired, we want our money back from the store to purchase a different brand that may be far less troublesome. I have also filed a complaint with the Nevada BBB, the Michigan BBB, and the Michigan, Nevada and North Carolina Attorney Generals office. The next step if we are not refunded our money will be Small Claims Court.

Review about: Whirlpool Dryer.

Had an Experience with Whirlpool?

Comments