I called Whirlpool's Customer Service number at 800253-1301 and spoke with "Nicole in Tennessee".She offered two options for servicing the broken motherboard on my Whirlpool oven - 1) have a Service visit for $100 and pay Parts & Labor on top or 2) sign up for Repair Plus for $450 which would cover not only the site visit, P&L but also a full year warranty after that.

I asked if I could set up the Service visit and if I change my mind call back to order the Repair Plus. Nicole told me that so long as I did that before the Service company did any diagnostics, that I could put the Service visit on the Repair Plus plan. After I spoke with my wife and after we decided to go ahead wit the Repair Plus after all, I called back Whirlpool to put the Svc visit on my Repair Plus. Then "Courtney from Tennessee" tells me that I can't do that - that I can't cancel a scheduled Service Tech visit and then order Repair Plus.

When I spoke with a supervisor telling "Alyc L from Tennessee", Alyc L simply just apologized saying I'm sorry Nicole was misinformed and told you that but we just can't change our policy and cancel your Service visit. Alyc L refused to give me any information on her supervisor. I can't believe it. A company misinforms a customer that they can cancel and order, customer places order and then refuses to cancel the order and refuses to provide any escalation/ complaint support.

Anyone considering Whirlpool should know the lack of customer service they can expect after they start using the product. It's so silly.

The customer dissatisfaction I have; the ire I have to tell others about this...is it really worth whatever cancellation charge they're trying to avoid?

Review about: Whirlpool Warranty.

Had an Experience with Whirlpool?

Comments

WP2008

Hi my name is Kyle and I am a representative of Whirlpool.I am sorry to learn of the issue you are having with your appliance.

If there is anything that I can do please reach out to me via e-mail at Whirlpool_Digital@Whirlpool.com please include your full name, user name, physical address, along with the model and serial number of the appliance you are having concerns with.

Please also include what site we contacted you on for our records.Thanks