We purchased a side by side refrigerator is 2006 and had two service calls for the ice maker in the first two years.The ice maker still comes and goes but has been fixed somewhat.

In June 2013, the fridge began freezing everything and the water dispenser froze. We purchased an extended warranty which covered $200 food spoilage and service for a year. The food spoilage is only $100 and was misrepresented by Whirlpool. We are on our FOURTH service call since June 29.

The "technicians" connected the fridge to a computer and advised nothing wrong. Two days later everything frozen again. Service guys orders thermostat, installs it a week later now everything in fridge and freezer is thawed and spoiled and water all over my hardwood floors. We will attempt one last service call tomorrow.

We've taken no less than four days off work to wait hours on service.Never, EVER will I buy a Whirlpool product of ANY type.

Review about: Whirlpool Refrigerator.

Had an Experience with Whirlpool?

Comments

Well, you seem to have an "Evaporator" issue I think. But I am not a technician.

What I can tell you though is if you look at the facility closures Whirlpool has undertaken, you will see that they closed the Refrigeration R&D facility in Evansville, Indiana recently. This resulted in the loss of most of their engineers in the refrigeration area of their business.

Be assured though, there are PLENTY of engineers in Mexico to deal with your issue. Seems that's where the Engineering Center of Excellence" moved to.

Good luck!