Resolved
Style and Design

Update by user May 08, 2015

Well, we finally have the right resolution to our saga.I spoke with the Lowes Service Center a little while ago and was told that our refrigerator could not be repaired.

What we will receive is payment in full, plus tax, from Lowes. YEA!!

Thanks to my persistence and Lowes commitment to help, we are being made whole.Consumers still DO have rights!!

Update by user May 06, 2015

Today is May 6th and this remains unresolved.A third repair company came out 2 weeks ago to take photos.

We are awaiting the response from Lowes Service.

I wrote to Whirlpool seeking help and was basically told that I had already escalated it to the level it required, and nothing further would be done.Total lack of customer service.

Original review posted by user Mar 21, 2015

Bought side by side refrigerator, Whirlpool model WRS322FDAM 01 in late Feb.2014.

Within 6 months, a shelf cracked. By 8 months I found cracks in the rear liner, just under the LED light. They extended to the right and left sides for about 3 inches. I had glued the shelf together and when it broke again in Jan.

2015, I again removed it and found that the liner cracks had moved and one had deepened. The left crack is slowly heading for the side liner, and the right one has a split that is now very visible and it is now on the curved liner piece that connects to the side wall. Whirlpool will do nothing except repair it by using an Epoxy kit, part number 8212572 OR they will repair it by covering the crack with 482395 liner tape. The supervisor told me that this is a repair.

When I asked if she had a new car and the dash cracked within months, would she consider taping it a "repair". No answer. Whirlpool is a disgusting company who has no intention to stand behind their products. All they are is a company of thieves who steal your money and then feel NO responsibility toward their customers.

I will never touch another piece of junk made by this unconscionable company.The Federal government should investigate this corporate thievery.

This reviewer shared experience about bad quality and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). The author is overall dissatisfied with Whirlpool. The most disappointing about whirlpool refrigerator from Whirlpool was unhelpful customer service, cheaply made product and taping liner cracks is a repair Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Whirlpool.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Appliances and Electronics category for more informed decision or compare Whirlpool to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Whirlpool?

Comments