We purchased a front-load Whirlpool dryer and matching washer model #WFW9400SW; placed it in a house we hoped to down-size into; didn't move because our other home hasn't sold; never had occasion to use the washer until just recently; machine wouldn't work and flashed error message "F11"; followed manual troubleshooting to no avail; called Whirlpool and explained that machine was new...never used; "too Bad", they said, "your warranty has expired". Repair cost $339 for the defective part # 8183196 plus service of $153. I think Whirlpool is being unfair; the part was defective from get-go.

Review about: Whirlpool Dryer.

Had an Experience with Whirlpool?

Comments

"I have a defective whirlpool appliance'

Whirlpool is loosing market share.

Did you every think it is because they are producing junk like Maytag did and

loosing market share to competitors? I bought a Whirlpool Gold series dishwasher MSRP $900.00. One year and six months later it flooded the kitchen and downstairs furnace. Why, A&E said it was a part failure. The hose clamp fell off the pump and motor assembly letting the hose pop off thus wiping out the motor. Well $362.00 for the repair later I called Whirlpool to complain and see if they would cover some of the cost even though it was 6 months out of warranty because of the nature of poor workmanship and lousy R&D. Dave Stroba (manager of complaint center) more or less said that was tough *** but thanks for the information. Whirlpool like Maytag uses their customers as their R&D unlike their competitors.

WP2008

Hi my name is Kyle and I am a representative of Whirlpool.I am sorry to learn of the issue you are having with your appliance.

If there is anything that I can do please reach out to me via Facebook (Whirlpool) or Twitter (WhirlpoolCare).Or contact us directly via e-mail NAR_Customer_Solutions@Whirlpool.com.