my wife got a whirlpool refrigerator 4 years and 8 months ago. It simply quit working last week. ok, it had a 1 year warranty on it but I contacted whirlpool anyway to see if there was anything they would do. I mean, come- on.. this appliance was meticulously cleaned and only just over 4 years old. I never heard of a refrigerator just quitting being that new. so, there we were, lucky on was only 17 degrees outside ( Thankfully),, we had to put all the food on the porch. I first phoned the retailer who delivered it, they said to contact whirlpool. The first person I spoke to on the at the company was short spoken and rude. ok, I understand a warranty is a warranty , but this is ridiculous. I went to the companies website and filled out their form they have there. I received an email . they were "sorry to hear of my problem" and reminded me of the warranty... They actually told me in the email they looked forward to basically selling me another appliance in the future.. ( NOT )..well, to REPLACE THIS WOULD COST AROUND $600.00...I did some research and have found numerous consumer websites with customers complaining about appliances breaking down after a short period of time and the company will not help them either.

My problem is not the warranty so much as it is the way I was treated in the initial phone call and the fact that from what I've read out there; there are a lot of similar stories of "unreliable" appliances and the company does not appear to care about these issues. In short, my point is, if your thinking of purchasing a "Whirlpool Appliance"- shop around..

There are many complaints out there about the company, just search "whirlpool complaints" and you wont find any shortage of bad reviews. Well, now I've got a 300 pound nice looking piece of scrap metal in my shed I can turn in for few bucks at the scrap yard I guess.. ( BUYER BEWARE)..oh, and check their website because they produce appliances under several different brand names as well... JUNK!

Review about: Whirlpool Warranty.

Had an Experience with Whirlpool?

Comments

Richmond, Kentucky, United States #1281320

I have a whirlpool bottom freezer fridge that has been nothing but trouble since I bought it.Whirlpool is selling junk these days.

One problem after another.DO NOT BUY A WHIRLPOOL APPLIANCE OR YOU WILL REGRET IT.

scottf

UPDATE !!!!whirlpool will never respond to this or any other complaint.

As I said previously... BUYER BEWARE !!!! .. A REFRIGERATOR SHOULD LAST MORE THAN FOUR YEARS !!!!

JUNK JUNK JUNK !!!!!!!!!!:sigh