My Brand new Whirlpool Stainless Steel Refrigerator Model #GZ25FSRXYY0 has rust on the front doors, in several spots.After having it for 6 months.

I called Whirlpool and was told they do not cover smears or rust. I told the lady at Whirlpool in which I was speaking to, that Stainless Steel does not rust. She was not intrested in what I WAS SAYING AND SHE CUT ME OFF.

Whirlpool handling this situation is unaceptable.I have since contacted the store in which I purchased my Whirpoool Stainless Steel Refrigerator, (Lowes in Mays Landing, New Jersey )and they are working on the problem.

Review about: Whirlpool Refrigerator.

Just got off the phone with Whirlpool.They're sending me stainless steel cleaner.

I asked the rep what happens when this doesn't work as there are HUNDREDS of reviews online about this runaround BS and all she could say was call us back and we'll go from there.I am beyond angry right now and will never buy anything Whirlpool or related to them again.

Same thing here, not even 3 weeks old and rusting!

Emmaus, Pennsylvania, United States #1199303

Really wished I had read all the blogs about how rust on your appliances are not covered as I wouldnt have been duped for purchasing an expensive refrigerator 9 months ago only to have the freezer door rusting out....way to go on integrity and quality of your appliances...will DEFINITELY be gettingt he word out on this one...

Orange City, Florida, United States #1184133

I was thrilled to have this lovely new French door refrigerator as part of our new home purchase until I noticed the rust spots on the low freezer door.The builder referred us to Whirlpool.

Then I read about the metal content of these "stainless steel" products not being good. It seems that the more magnetic they are the less they are truly steel. Nickel content is the problem. So what is the solution for ourselves because it doesn't sound like anyone is going to help us.

The class action suit might yield some $$. Vinegar?

Oil?Commercial products??Help?

We have a 5 year old whirlpool refrigerator that has a white enamel cover and rust is now coming thru the white enamel.

The company needs to replace all of the machines with real stainless steel and provide a very long warranty against rust, etc. and then they need to uphold the warranty

Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa #1111473

Hi- we had the exact same problem. I complained and was given replacement door fronts. I was glad to get the replacement, but I'm wondering if there's anyway to prevent the new door fronts from rustumg

I have the same problem on my four door whirlpool refrigerator and had a discussion of the same.Same response.

My refrigerator is just over one year old.

Most expensive refrigerator they sell.

I am going to take them to small claims court.They sell it as stainless steel, but it really has only a small amount along with different alloys.

In my opinion, I recommend not to purchase any of Whirlpool's applicances.

Our Whirlpool SS fridge has permanent "scars" from where their protective film was removed.Visible imperfection.

I brought the issue to my Home Depot sales person.

As luck would have it, their floor model has the exact same visible imperfections. They told me to use a specific SS polish. I told the salesperson to use it on the floor model. She did and it came as no surprise that the polish didn't work.

The linear imperfections remained.

Whirlpool sent a local "technician" to look at my fridge. After a minute he said there's nothing he could do.

He told me to take it up with Whirlpool.

Whirlpool is telling me that it's a cosmetic problem and that, effectively, I'm out of luck.They won't to squat.

Nice customer service.

Roswell, Georgia, United States #1025995

We purchased a new Whirlpool side by side fridge/freezer from Home Depot in November of 2014.

Within 6 months we noticed rust spots appearing on both doors-- right in the middle of the faces of both doors.We also purchased at the same time a Whirlpool stainless steel dishwasher.

We maintained both appliances in exactly the same manner. Why does one rust while the other doesn't?

Whirlpool has failed to stand behind their product. They consider the rust to be a "cosmetic" issue; and thus not covered under my warrantee.

I hold Jeff M.

Fettig, Chairman and CEO, Board of Directors, Executive Board of Whirlpool personally responsible. Leadership and customer service starts at the top of the corporation.

Mr.Fettig earns:

Total Compensation $7.33 mil 5-Year Compensation $45.16 mil I think those compensation dollars would be better spent on a seemingly absent stainless steel quality control program.

We bought ours in Nov of 2014 and I notice the same. Got it in Lowe. Our still on warranty.

My SECOND Whirlpool stainless steel refrigerator is now rusting.First one started rusting after 2 months.

This one lasted 9 months but is starting to rust now.A patch forming on the edge of the freezer door.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada #996627

Yes, I have the same problem with rust too - but on my dishwasher, stove and fridge. Thanks Whirlpool for a crappy product!

Jacksonville, Florida, United States #951183

Mine started rusting within 5 months.Whirlpool calls rust "cosmetic", and cosmetic issues are only covered for 90 days.

I haven't called yet, but the Sears technician warned me that it is not likely to be fixed.

If there is a class action lawsuit against these manufacturers for falsely advertising stainless steel then I want in on it.At the very least, they need to disclose the grades of stainless when they are mixed with other metals so that the consumer can make an informed choice.

Bridgetown, Saint Michael, Barbados #928137

I have the same problem too.5 months 4 door "stainless steel"They have simply ripped us of by passing off cheap metal as stainless steel.

They skimp on the chrome to save cost and what we have is a rust bucket. My stainless steel knives are always in water and salt etc. and not one rust spot!!!

shame on you Whirlpool.

High humidity and salt air makes it worst.

Mission Viejo, California, United States #921006

Same problem in so.calif.Whirlpool frig,stainless 5 mo.

old rust Sears said cosmetic,not covered.Going to contact Pay Pal and VISA.If anyone got problem corrected, please post for the rest of us!

to dennis Mullica, New Jersey, United States #928343

All Lowes did was send a repair man to the house and he used something like Ajax he kept rubbing and it looks worse that before. Don't use Ajax cause all it fed was scratch it all up.

Mequon, Wisconsin, United States #879433

7 Month ago we bought Whirlpool refrigerator stainless steel WSF26C2MSS ,serial HR35009689, 5 month after we spotted a rust all over doors. I called Whirlpool and they sent a technician. He called them from my house and told representative that all what I said is a true statement and we didn't use any wrong cleaners so rust is all over, we were denied door replacement because its a cosmetics issue.Customer service is terrible , I tried to explain that one of the reason we buying is a way how appliance appear.

I too have a rust spot problem on my Stainless Steel Whirlpool refrigerator after 7 months.Spots go all the way down one side of French door by the handle and several spots are forming on the left door.

Very rude "salesperson" on the whirlpool line, "what do you want me to do as a salesperson?", ok then send me to customer service, I didn't know this was a sales line. Customer Service rep tried to stop me at "we don't cover that - it is considered cosmetic, I would try a stainless steel cleaner from Home Depot". My response was that it was clearly a MANUFACTURING problem and she needed to send me to a supervisor. She then repeated "I am at liberty to assist you and we don't cover rust spots, it is cosmetic, I am sorry you are experiencing this issue, can I help you with anything else", at which time I insisted AGAIN she send me to a supervisor because I should not have rust spots on a stainless steel appliance.

The Supervisor was far more professional, very apologetic and they are of course sending me their "cleaner and polisher" while researching further how they may be able to handle this situation. They have requested that I send them photos of the rust spots.

Really hoping to get this resolved, next step will be to go to Home Depot with complaint.

to Anonymous Tuckerton, New Jersey, United States #931190

Please post if you get anywhere with Home Depot. They told me they have no jurisdiction over Whirlpool.