We invested in a new Whirlpool fridge, and paid top dollar for the brand new unit, french door on top and freezer on bottom.We selected Whirlpool since we were told that Whirlpool actually manufactures ALL fridges, regardless of the name on the model.

Well, the icemaker fills the entire top shelf of fridge with water. There is CONSTANTLY water on the shelf and INSIDE door of the fridge unit. I called a repair technician and he said it is commonplace, you simply need this "kit". So, he orders the parts and I wait.

He returns and installs the kit.

I had the BRAND NEW fridge serviced and IT IS WORSE THAN BEFORE!STAY AWAY FROM WHIRLPOOL FRIDGE!

Review about: Whirlpool Refrigerator.

Had an Experience with Whirlpool?

Comments

Yes, this is normal for a Whirlpool product, especially for a newer model that is just being released to the consumer.

Since Whirlpool closed the Evansville, IN Refrigeration Research and Engineering Facility and lost almost all of their tenured engineers, and at the same time had a HUGE new product launch in the process, it seems some things fell through the cracks. So I imagine you got "one of those" that may have "slipped by" (wink, wink).

No, there will be no money returned to you. and yes, you will have to fight like *** to get this thing repaired and/or replaced.

By the way, this product was/is still made in Mexico.

If you wanted to talk with an Engineer about your issue, I hope you speak Spanish.

Good Luck!