Harleysville,Pennsylvania

I purchased a Whirlpool washer and dryer and my husband and I spent a bit over our budget because we were informed that we would be entitled to a rebate on both. I immediately sent in our information along with receipts of purchase and was sent back a postcard stating that I was missing information.

It gave me a date of July 2nd to call in to customer service the serial numbers of my units to which I mistakenly thought the 2nd was today and it is the 3rd. Although it is less than 24 hrs past the date I was told by the representative over a dozen times that there was nothing she could do despite me pleading with her that this money could really help my family of six (also asked if a supervisor would please assist me since it was only ONE day past and an honest mistake of miscalculation of dates on my part). I am extremely disappointed with the customer service department at Whirlpool and not a least bit surprised that they have received out of 517 reviews, 500 of them were NEGATIVE!!! Wow...looks like this company prides itself on servicing its consumers.

I STRONGLY URGE consumers to BEWARE....I will NEVER in my lifetime nor will I encourage any of my family or friends to purchase a Whirlpool appliance.

As a real estate agent I will also be informing the public of Whirlpools TERRIBLE customer service. Whirlpool should be ashamed of themselves.

Product or Service Mentioned: Whirlpool Washing Machine.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jul 03, 2012.

Comments

I bought a cabrio washer about 1.5 years ago.

It stopped working. Called a tech to fix it.

He said it will cost about $500 for a new controlboard. We paid $600 for the machine new.

Is there anything you can do to keep me a happy Whirlpool customer?

Please respond to my home email ddlevy@optonline.net

Dave

WP2008

Hello Aalderfer. My name is Melanie and I am a representative with Whirlpool.

We apologize about the frustration you have experienced trying to get your rebates for your appliances. If you would like us to look into this further, please provide your name, the name of the site you were contacted on (PissedConsumer), your user ID name (Aalderfer), your phone number, your address, the full model and serial number, and email the requested information to Whirlpool.Digital@whirlpool.com.

We would be happy to review your concerns further. Sincerely, Melanie.