I purchased a Whirlpool (cesspool) range in Nov. of 2009 for a condo that I own in South Carolina. I live in Michigan and I had someone else pick it up and install it for me. When I visited the condo in Dec. 09 I noticed that pans would not sit level on the burners. I tried to level the range but the levelers (?leg pads) would not work properly. I asked my maintanence man to try to level it after I left. He had no luck in doing it either. I later had a complaint from a renter that the stove was not level. When I returned in May of 2011 I leveled the stove using wooden blocks. When I tried to cook however, the burner elements were still not level. I then noticed that they were all warped- all 4 of them. There was no way to have a pan sit level on the burners.

I called Whirlpool and after going through a long wait with the phone menu and being on hold for (?) minutes, I explained my situation with the defective burners. Their only response was "we're sorry, but your range is out of warranty."

When I asked how much it would cost to replace the burners they gave me a price of $197+ , which did include shipping. The entire range was originally around $400 at Lowes in Charleston, SC. I mentioned this to the CS representative and asked if they could at least give me a break on the price to replace th burners. The answer was "no".

I later found them on ebay for $34.49 including shipping.

Whirlpool was very unwilling to back up an obvious defect in their manufacturing. I even offered to send them photos of the warped burners but they were not interested.

DO NOT BUY WHIRLPOOL PRODUCTS! They are of very low quality and the company will not back them up if they can get out of it. In my opinion, Whirlpool is a company of very, very low integrity. I will never buy Whirlpool/Maytag/Frigidare products again. Buyer beware.

Review about: Whirlpool Range.

Had an Experience with Whirlpool?

Comments

Hey Frigidaire is NOT a part of Whirlpool!

please post correctly,

Kyle- Are you a robot or do you have a human brain?

le- I hope that others can see through your shallow attempt to make a bad company look good.I tried and tried to get fair treatment from Whirlpool's customer service department.

I even went up the ladder to a supervisor and always got the same answer- We're sorry but the range is out or warranty". I even emailed the CS department and asked for a review of the situation as a last chance before I took my complaint public. Same answer. "We're sorry but the rannge is out of warranty.

We do have replacement burners (ridiculous price) if you would like to purchase them."

I am sick of Whirlpool and their self-centered attitude.I will not ever buy from them again and I would encourage

others to act in a similar fashion.

WP2008

Hi my name is Kyle and I am a representative of Whirlpool.I am sorry to learn of the issue you are having with your Whirlpool appliance.

If there is anything that I can do please reach out to me via Facebook (Whirlpool) or Twitter (WhirlpoolCare).Or contact us directly via e-mail NAR_Customer_Solutions@Whirlpool.com.