My dishwasher is a Whirlpool Quiet Partner III, model GU2400XTPS6.

Purchased in 2005.

Had to replace the pump motor #8535150 in 2009 at a cost of $232.

Problem I now have is the door seal (#826888) was split at the bottom allowing drops of water to splash around the gasket and door splashguard.

I ordered a replacement from Repair Clinic (W10184090). I was told that the W1084090 had replaced the original 8535150 door gasket.

After the new part arrived and was installed, I still had the same leak in the bottom left corner.

I thought the issue was something other than the door gasket so started troubleshooting:

1. Ensured that the float assembly was working and the water level in the tub was not overfilling...stops about 1/2" below heating element.

2. Ensured the steam vent was not stopped up which can cause over pressurizing / leaks...was clear.

3. Cleaned bottom of door splashguard of minor soap build up.

4. Checked upper and lower spray arms for cracks...both OK.

5. Checked pump gasket to ensure water not spraying out at bottom of door...no problem.

I finally inspected the new door gasket (W10184090) and discovered that it looked to be approximately 3/32" narrow on the surface than the old original door gasket (826888).

Out of desperation (hard wood floor already has huge stain in it from the leak before I found it!), I cut the split end from the original gasket and reinstalled it. Had to stretch it to compensate for what was cut off.

Ran the dishwasher for several cycles and no leaks.

The new part that I received from RepairClinic and that was issued by Whirlpool is just narrower and has a slightly different profile that does not seal as good as the original part.

I contacted RepairClinic for a refund but they said it could not be returned because I had to cut it to length when it was installed.

I contacted Whirlpool direct and was told that yes, the original 826888 door gasket was replaced with the W10184090 gasket and I was even told by one of the level one representatives that there were some of the new parts that were not made to spec. She could not send me a new part but sent me to the customer support line. I explained that I had already spent $232 on the pump motor, $41 on the new door seal that did not work and could not be returned. I asked her if they could send me a new gasket to try free of charge but was told by her that I could order another one from them or they could schedule me a technician.

As a side note. I also own a Whirlpool Gold Side by Side refrigerator that was installed in 2005 when I upgraded my dishwasher, stove, and refrigerator. It is sitting there with the ice maker not working and the auger motor not dispensing ice. That is going to cost another $250.

Last Whirlpool appliances for me.

Thanks for letting me vent

Review about: Whirlpool Dishwasher.

Had an Experience with Whirlpool?

Comments

RepairClinic has a 365 day return policy for any part, any reason. You can return the gasket for your money back even if you cut it.

I have a quiet partner 11 and the door seal came off how do i re-install it..

WP2008

Hi my name is Kyle and I am a representative of Whirlpool.I am sorry to learn of the issue you are having with your appliance.

If there is anything that I can do please reach out to me via Facebook (Whirlpool) or Twitter (WhirlpoolCare).Or contact us directly via e-mail NAR_Customer_Solutions@Whirlpool.com.