Prattsburgh, New York

Update by user Sep 13, 2012

. Written by trulyfedup on September 9, 2012 From Prattsburgh, New York, US

Thanks!

Whirlpool did listen. The part did arrive (much sooner than promised) and A&E repair service was very good and got it working. We still think Whirlpool shouod design a stove where you can shut off a single burner--a simple switch should so it. We didn\'t have a stove for some time because no one had a simple gas valve, but we\'re not so pissed.

Original review posted by user Aug 12, 2012

We couldn't shut off a burner on our 3-year old Whirlpool range--model No.GW399LXUS1.

(It was bought at Lowes.) They sent a technician who couldn't shut it off either. After paying $240 for a simple valve and a return visit, we learned that the burner valve (Part No. W10177101) we needed was back-ordered and we'd have to wait at least three weeks. That means we have to turn the gas on and off whenever we use the stove--quite unsafe.

And the fact that no one in the country seems to have that simple part would suggest that we're not the only ones with this problem.Is Whirlpool listening?

Had an Experience with Whirlpool?

Comments

My wife and I decided to update our 18 year old washer and dryer, that were still working well.We went with the Whirlpool machines and have had nothing but problems at our expense, As I am writing this the washer is flashing F28.

Absolute ***. This is criminal.

Is there no regulations on what can be sold?Criminal I say!

Absolute ***. This is criminal.

Is there no regulations on what can be sold?Criminal I say!

trulyfedup

Thanks!

The part suddenly arrived and A&E repair service was very good and got working a lot sooner than promised.

We still think Whirlpool shouod design a stove where you can shut off a single burner--a simple switch should so it.But we're not so pissed.

WP2008

Hello.My name is Melanie and I am a with Whirlpool.

I read your post, and I am truly sorry for the concerns you have with your range. Please provide your name, the name of the site you were contacted on (Pissedconsumder), your user ID name (Trulyfedup), your phone number, your address, the full model and serial number, and email the requested information to Whirlpool.Digital@whirlpool.com.

We would be happy to review your concerns further.Sincerely, Melanie.