1.8
Style and Design

My husband purchased a Whirlpool hot water heater(gas) from Lowes model FG1F404053NOV and had it professionally installed on May 7th of 2005. The first two years, no problems.

The third year, 2008, my husband had to replace the thermocouple. During the same year, another thermocouple. December 2009 he had to call the customer service folks at Whirlpool and was told that he needed to order a kit which he was told would be $55 plus shipping. After speaking to the customer service agent, they agreed to wave the shipping, well, they sent the wrong kit, so we were without hot water for another 10 days!!

To date we have replaced 6 thermocouples, one conversion kit, a skirt filter and who else knows. What we do know is the reason I was even on this website was to see if anyone else had this problem, which was, YEAH!!! I am also on here because my husband has had to lite the pilot 10 times this week!!!!

We will NEVER EVER buy another Whirlpool ANYTHING NOR LOWES ANYTHING!! This water heater we learned this year 2015 had a recall, and a class action suit and we were notified of neither!!!!

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Some of the customer service reps.

I didn't like: Other reps, Product i purchased, Problems i have endured and is still having, Unhelpful customer service.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Aug 01, 2015.

Comments