1.8
Style and Design

My husband purchased a Whirlpool hot water heater(gas) from Lowes model FG1F404053NOV and had it professionally installed on May 7th of 2005.The first two years, no problems.

The third year, 2008, my husband had to replace the thermocouple. During the same year, another thermocouple. December 2009 he had to call the customer service folks at Whirlpool and was told that he needed to order a kit which he was told would be $55 plus shipping. After speaking to the customer service agent, they agreed to wave the shipping, well, they sent the wrong kit, so we were without hot water for another 10 days!!

To date we have replaced 6 thermocouples, one conversion kit, a skirt filter and who else knows. What we do know is the reason I was even on this website was to see if anyone else had this problem, which was, YEAH!!! I am also on here because my husband has had to lite the pilot 10 times this week!!!!

We will NEVER EVER buy another Whirlpool ANYTHING NOR LOWES ANYTHING!!This water heater we learned this year 2015 had a recall, and a class action suit and we were notified of neither!!!!

This reviewer shared experience about bad quality and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue as the author lost $400. This person is overall dissatisfied with Whirlpool. The most disappointing about whirlpool fg1f404053nov gas water heater at Whirlpool was other reps, product and problems i have endured and is still having , but reviewer liked customer service representative. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Whirlpool.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Appliances and Electronics category for more informed decision or compare Whirlpool to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Whirlpool?

Comments