I purchased a new Whirlpool GOLD refrigerator 61 months ago. In December 2010 it developed blisters in the paint on the exterior front. In June 2011, horizontal cracks developed in its interior wall. Today the coldest it gets in the refrigerator is 50 degrees, nine degrees over maximum temperature for food safety. I contacted the store where I purchased the unit, who were utterly useless (Conn's Houston, Texas). Next I contacted Whirlpool and was told that "no one else had complained", therefore, no recall. I think someone has to be the first to complain, right?
The CSR was profuse with apologies, but no help. I asked for supervisor, Nichol came on the line and more apologies. We went round and round. Since no one else had complained they know there is nothing wrong with the unit. Crazy! I asked for her supervisor and was told she did not have one (! I want that job). I asked for the appeals process and finally was told to WRITE to the Whirlpool Executive Team, 553 Benson Road, Benton Harbor, MI 49022. I was told they, "would get back to me". Imagine that in this technologically advanced world that I must first press for the appeals process and then SNAIL MAIL a letter. I thought this was 2011, but OK, wrote letter, not even the courtesy of a reply. In the letter I said I did not expect a new refrigerator, but either repair or replace the defective parts. I even expected Whirlpool to depreciate the purchase price and allow me to BUY another unit with the unused portion of the original purchase price applied to the new refrigerator. They simply do not care to stand behind what they make.
Buying Samsung next!
More Review Details
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "I had the same problem with Whirlpool that you did. I bought a used model WED5500XWO, year old. The control board burned and melted and damaged the Assembly Interface. I..."
- "I bought a Clipacell for my cell phone at the Ohio State Fair from Tom Patterson, of Patterson Services, LLC. It was guaranteed for life, period. It broke in only..."
- "The first new wave oven I had worked great for over four years. Bought the two deal special late 2013. Gave one to my mom for Christmas. Kept the other..."
- "I purchased a waist training belt. I wore it one time and in less than two hours, it tore in two places. I tried returning it and have just been..."
- "Dear Lynn, RE: VIP CORPORATE FLIGHT ATTENDANT Thank you so much for your reply.Infact, before your reply, I'll must say I've already anticipated & expected that i'm will not be..."
- "I was told the firat 5 times regardless of weight i would recieve $50 but after 5 hours of being there stuck 3 times and then very bruised afterwards i..."
- "Romans to go furniture is cheap and not worth the price. This glass table did not tempered glass and it broke into sharp pieces, cutting my husband's right palm, the..."
- "I agree 100% HGTV is for the rich does not represent the average or the poor of the USA. I'm 90 years old have written called begged HGTV to help..."
- "! Introduction THIS IS A LETTER I SENT TO SAMS CLUB BEGGING FOR WHAT THEY REFUSED ME BEFORE! You sold me last year 2 tires BF Goodriches just a few months..."