I purchased a new Whirlpool GOLD refrigerator 61 months ago. In December 2010 it developed blisters in the paint on the exterior front. In June 2011, horizontal cracks developed in its interior wall. Today the coldest it gets in the refrigerator is 50 degrees, nine degrees over maximum temperature for food safety. I contacted the store where I purchased the unit, who were utterly useless (Conn's Houston, Texas). Next I contacted Whirlpool and was told that "no one else had complained", therefore, no recall. I think someone has to be the first to complain, right?
The CSR was profuse with apologies, but no help. I asked for supervisor, Nichol came on the line and more apologies. We went round and round. Since no one else had complained they know there is nothing wrong with the unit. Crazy! I asked for her supervisor and was told she did not have one (! I want that job). I asked for the appeals process and finally was told to WRITE to the Whirlpool Executive Team, 553 Benson Road, Benton Harbor, MI 49022. I was told they, "would get back to me". Imagine that in this technologically advanced world that I must first press for the appeals process and then SNAIL MAIL a letter. I thought this was 2011, but OK, wrote letter, not even the courtesy of a reply. In the letter I said I did not expect a new refrigerator, but either repair or replace the defective parts. I even expected Whirlpool to depreciate the purchase price and allow me to BUY another unit with the unused portion of the original purchase price applied to the new refrigerator. They simply do not care to stand behind what they make.
Buying Samsung next!
More Review Details
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "We've had our refrigerator for 3 years and it caught on fire last night. I'm suspecting the ice maker? The smoke damage is awful not to mention all the lost..."
- "I purchased 2 two nu wave oven and both went through the same failure , dome crack. Other problem is that the unit at a year start losing the..."
- "Within about 6 months of receiving Whirlpool washer it started leaving black streak marks on my clothes. Had 2 technicians visit & 2nd told me what was wrong with..."
- "The first shirt I received was printed crooked. The shirt was uncomfortable and tight on the arms. When I contacted TeeChip about the issue they required photographic proof, fine. In..."
- "I had been paying $200-300 per hour just for them to read my emails and for the past 2-months they had not done anything for me, not even file anything..."
- "Romans to go furniture is cheap and not worth the price. This glass table did not tempered glass and it broke into sharp pieces, cutting my husband's right palm, the..."
- "my break time po ba guadalupe branch? akala ko po 24hrs? ang explain ng guard ngayon lang na cut off resume daw ng 12:30Am pero andun nmn ang teller sa..."
- "Dear Sir/Madam; Good day!I've been calling your customer service and waiting for 20 minutes everytime i call, unfortunately never answered at all. Anyway,may i request your good office for a"..."
- "AVOID POSHMARK! I bought Burberry boots on their site saying they were new with tags. I got the boots in the mail and they are scuffed, and say made in..."