I purchased a new Whirlpool GOLD refrigerator 61 months ago. In December 2010 it developed blisters in the paint on the exterior front. In June 2011, horizontal cracks developed in its interior wall. Today the coldest it gets in the refrigerator is 50 degrees, nine degrees over maximum temperature for food safety. I contacted the store where I purchased the unit, who were utterly useless (Conn's Houston, Texas). Next I contacted Whirlpool and was told that "no one else had complained", therefore, no recall. I think someone has to be the first to complain, right?
The CSR was profuse with apologies, but no help. I asked for supervisor, Nichol came on the line and more apologies. We went round and round. Since no one else had complained they know there is nothing wrong with the unit. Crazy! I asked for her supervisor and was told she did not have one (! I want that job). I asked for the appeals process and finally was told to WRITE to the Whirlpool Executive Team, 553 Benson Road, Benton Harbor, MI 49022. I was told they, "would get back to me". Imagine that in this technologically advanced world that I must first press for the appeals process and then SNAIL MAIL a letter. I thought this was 2011, but OK, wrote letter, not even the courtesy of a reply. In the letter I said I did not expect a new refrigerator, but either repair or replace the defective parts. I even expected Whirlpool to depreciate the purchase price and allow me to BUY another unit with the unused portion of the original purchase price applied to the new refrigerator. They simply do not care to stand behind what they make.
Buying Samsung next!
More Review Details
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "We got our Whirlpool Cabrio washer and dryer in 2011. (Whirlpool Cabrio Washer Model WTW7800XW2). Before our one year warranty expired, I noticed the lid was starting to creak every..."
- "We have the expensive GE front load clothes washer WCVH6260 series purchased in November of 2006. It has been annoying from a very young age, smelling like mold and..."
- "I own a whirpool refrigerator with an ice maker. Granted it is five years old it has started spitting large and small shards of plastic out into the..."
- "I booked a hotel using Priceline express deals... As I know now Dumb Idea but I had done it 2 other times and they really did what they said they..."
- "I paid for chicken Supreme pizza and received "cheese" pizza (bread with invisible chesse) , I complained about it, but any way had to paid for it, at the end..."
- "The first shirt I received was printed crooked. The shirt was uncomfortable and tight on the arms. When I contacted TeeChip about the issue they required photographic proof, fine. In..."
- " All Reviews Telecommunications Fox News 48 of 272 reviews Fox News The Kelly File Tv Show Review from Helotes, Texas ISSUE NOT RESOLVED Helotes, Texas Oct 19 ..."
- "they added V.O.D. and extra 50 on internet and more for same phone plus the installation charges. The best way to get this fixed is call the FCC and write..."
- "I bought a couch from the Gardner White on Hall Road on Friday, October 21st. I scheduled a 4pm-11pm delivery for today, October 25th, since it was the earliest they..."