In July I purchased a Whirlpool Gold oven and cooktop from Lowes. It was delivered in Aug. after a 5 wk wait, since it had to be ordered.

Since installation, the hot surface light on the cooktop stays on. I called in & was told to try resetting the elec. breaker. Did that....still stays on. Model G7CE3034XB00 Serial D43005649

On Sept. 4th I called & spoke to "Carrie" (I believe in TN) who told me she would try to find a service tech in my area & would get back to me in 3-5 days. Apx. 5 days later she called & left a message on my cell phone stating that she could not locate a service tech in my area. I would need to find my own service tech & submit any invoices to the resource dept for reimbursement. Parts could be ordered at no charge.

I have nothing in writing from the company to confirm I would be reimbursed, nor was I told how to correspond with the resource dept in the event I had an invoice to submit for reimbursement.

Today, Sept. 18th, 2014, I called Whirlpool again (800-253-1301) & talked to Stephanie in Michigan. She told me the same info. When I asked to be sent a wiring schematic I was told I didn't need one.

When I asked how to get in touch with the resource dept. I was given a fax no. & email acct. When I asked how I was supposed to get in touch if I didn't have either, she said I should go to the local library.

Now let's imagine for a moment that I am disabled or live so far out in the country that I cannot get to the library....how am I supposed to get to a fax or email acct. Has anyone at Whirlpool considered that?

This is a new appliance under full warranty, yet it has become my job to find a service tech, pay up front, & wait for reimbursement. REALLY??????

I am also in the market for a new dishwasher & you can bet it won't be a Whirlpool!

Review about: Whirlpool Dishwasher.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Had an Experience with Whirlpool?

Comments