Rome, Georgia
1.8K views 31 comments

I hate this refrigerator.I bought Whirlpool Gold because I was willing to pay for dependability.

It has leaked water into my floor since it was 6 months old. The repairmen keep "fixing" it. And a week later it leaks again. It is out of warranty now, so now I have to pay for the repairmen to come out.

I am sick of this issue. My old refrigerator never gave me a minutes problem.

All of the appliances in my kitchen are Whirlpool.This bottom freezer technology in my opinion has not gotten all the kinks worked out or I would not be thinking of replacing a refrigerator that is only 16 months old.

Review about: Whirlpool Gold Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Whirlpool Refrigerator
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $3000
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Whirlpool?

Comments

Donna Miles
Lawrenceburg, Indiana, United States #1132643

have purchased Whirlpool products for many years..The Whirlpool Gold 25 cu ft Bottom freezer is the most expensive piece of garbage i have ever purchased.It leaks water (a lot of it) on a daily basis.

The bottom is always full of ice. this water on many occassions have reached my island cabinets and have destroyed the wood on the cabinets.

Whirlpool gives me the run around and does nothing about it.Makes me sick !

I'm having the same problem has anyone managed to get manufacture to address the problem.

Having the exact same problem. I'm calling whirlpool on Monday and will discuss the circuit board/chip issue. We went with WP because of past name/reliability but obviously they are ducking the issue.

Gary
Surrey, British Columbia, Canada #996894

I'm now into my 4th and final repair on this Whirlpool Gold piece of junk.Once it is running again I will put it out there for $300 bucks, try and recoup at least one repair and never, never buy Whirlpool again!

judging by the comments I read here, seems like Whirlpool has a generic piece of garbage here that they are not dealing with.

I long for the old days of the 12 year old Moffat beer fridge I have in the garage that has NEVER screwed up.Goodbye Whirlpool hello Samsung.

snowbird

Waiting for our first repair.Fridge is 2 years old, thank god we bought it at lowes and bought the 4 year extended warranty.

Not happy after reading all of this.This should have been resolved and obviously it's not.

screwed customer 00
Wichita Falls, Texas, United States #874068

well...at this time not to happy....i have a 17 month gold series that was 2400.00 and my warranty is now out.

and i'm screwed.... you would think a 2400.00 ice box would keep for many years.

I should of bought an old used ice box for 100.00 and keep the ugly but working ice box.....in stead of pretty gone bad....

B Mayans
Atlanta, Georgia, United States #863698

I have been having the same issue 6 months after its purchased on 7/11/2011, Whirlpool should remedy by considering a recall to offer free service and replace their faulty design or I will never purchase this Brand again.

Tacoma.Tran
Worcester, Massachusetts, United States #854874

I'm having the same issue.Bought it from Lowes cuz it looks beautiful, but after a year out of warranty then started leaking water all over floor.

Luckily my floor is tiles but still pain in the ...*s to clean it.

Don't know Whirlpool will recall this problem due to inexperience design product.Too bad for whirlpool branch name...

C. Tasker
Rochester, New York, United States #837433

I have same issue.I take the back of a butter knife and break the ice off the bottom of freezer when i see it leaking on to floor.

I really can't believe it hasn't been recalled.Truly sad and I will never buy this brand again.

james
to C. Tasker North Platte, Nebraska, United States #1078470

Pull the unit forward and remove the cover to the compressor compartment remove the rubber plug attached to the drain..thaw unit out to clear the ice from the drain..should fix your issue