Just 2 years ago, we purchased a Whirlpool upright freezer. A few months ago, we realized that there was a huge gap at the top of the door, and that the freezer was leaking air and the food inside was defrosted. We called in an appliance repair man (almost $100) who was unable to repair it, and a brand new door gasket ($171!) failed to make it seal. Now it appears that the inside of the door is totally warped, and won't seal regardless of installing a new gasket. In other words, it appears to be unfixable.

I contacted Whirlpool through their website and asked that they send a rep out to take a look at the freezer. Instead, we got a phone call from a "customer service representative" who read off a script that they're sorry they can't help me but "we encourage our buyers to purchase the [overpriced] extended warranty."

There is absolutely no reason why a 2-year-old freezer should be defective to the point of being unusable. This is the last Whirlpool product we'll ever buy, and given their attitude, I would encourage others not to buy their products either!

Had an Experience with Whirlpool?

Comments

Whirlpool - Expensive Refrigerator a nightmare so is customer service Whirlpool "June 19, 2017 Dear Mr. A-Z Repair Technician, WELCOME BACK!! This being your 6th visit we can talk frankly. You get paid very well by Whirlpool for handling warranty work..." Read more Whirlpool Wrv986fdem01 Refrigerator Review from Wilmington, Delaware Whirlpool "I purchased a refrigerator from HHgregg on a HHgregg credit card, price $2,197 model # WRV986FDEM01 S# K61328309 delivered June 5, 2016. I noticed after about two weeks that..." Read more Whirlpool - Rust marks on stainless steel? Whirlpool "I bought this refrigerator after hurricane Sandy destroyed my home. Within 6 moths I began to notice rust like spots. I called then later I sent an e mail They..." Read more Whirlpool elect dryer model WED5500XWO control board Whirlpool "I had the same problem with Whirlpool that you did. I bought a used model WED5500XWO, year old. The control board burned and melted and damaged the Assembly Interface. I..." Read more Ryan Homes - Poor workmanship Ryan Homes "Reason 1000 why you should never buy a home built by Dan Ryan. Had a pipe burst in the kitchen and when the corner cabinet was removed this what we..." Read more Gnc - No consistency in product Gnc "I work overseas so I purchased all of my vitamins at one time which was close to $1000.00 and in my mega-man vitamin packs were a mismatch of vitamins. Some..." Read more Kemper Home Service Companies - DO NOT BUY KEMPER HOME INSURANCE Kemper Home Service Companies "I bought a new house in 2016. I did own a house prior to this in the same area for last 10 years. My agent told me that there is..." Read more Coaster Furniture - Damage Head board Coaster Furniture "I purchase the Felicity Collection item # 300345Q Queen bed from American Furniture Outlet on 1233 Sand Lake Road Orlando fl 32809 I received my furniture September 15th 2017 I..." Read more