We purchased a Whirlpool Duet Washer and Dryer in February 2007.The Washer stunk within a month, had to move to dry powder to try and eliminate the awful stench!

In addition, after 2 years, even though the dryer sits on a perfectly level surface, the belt makes a horrible, loud squeaky noise. The warranty was only for 1 year, of course. According to the Supervisior of Customer Service, "They are just like everybody else, all the other brands, and they only warranty their products for 1 year." So basically, Whirlpool doesn't differentiate itself from the low quality brands, so why would bother purchasing from a company who charges a premium for it's product, but does nothing to stand behind it's quality? We will not purchase any more front loading machines from Whirlpool.

In Addition, we will be upgrading all of our kitchen appliances but not with Whirlpool product.

Obviously they are not the quality company they were 16 years ago.Time to switch.

Review about: Whirlpool Washing Machine.

Had an Experience with Whirlpool?

Comments

I hear ya, dryer 5 years old broke 2 times. Dishwasher doesn't clean and is brand new.

WP2008

Hi my name is Kyle and I am a representative of Whirlpool.I am sorry to learn of the issue you are having with your appliance.

If there is anything that I can do please reach out to me via Facebook (Whirlpool) or Twitter (WhirlpoolCare).Or contact us directly via e-mail NAR_Customer_Solutions@Whirlpool.com.

Duet washer only several weeks past 1 yr warranty.Makes sound like a jet engine during spin cycle.

Were so convinced an expensive product from a name brand company couldn't be deffective within a year, that we were convinced we must have pushed the wrong button and the loud noise was connected to some super cycle on the machine. After reading other reports on the internet, realized the machine was BROKEN and called the appliance store where it was purchased. They referred me to a repair person who stopped me before I finished explaining the problem to say it would cost more to fix it than replace it. Spend 45 minutes on hold with Whirlpool only to be told byy 2 customer service reps they could do nothing since it was past the warranty--even by a few days, it did not matter.

Didn't think a $900 washer would break the first year we bought it. It shouldn't NEED an extended warranty at this early date. Am totally disgusted and feel very taken by Whirlpool.

Will never purchase another Whirlpool product.Its not a washer, its landfill.