I bought the whirlpool Washer on May 20 2011; model WFW9150WW02 and supposedly has a one year warranty.It stopped working on January 16 2012.

After reporting the problem to Whirlpool customer service; they mandated a service company "AE" to perform the needed repair. At their first visit they diagnosed that the motor and control unit are flawed. They ordered the piece and installed it at a second visit but the problem persisted. They ordered a pressure switch that was installed at their third visit which didn't fix the problem.

They ordered the main panel control unit and still waiting for the part; since then the washer isn't working at all. The technician suggested that the washer should be replaced but Whirlpool customer service didn't authorize this, they argued that the warranty policy is to repair the washer and they cannot replace it. It is foolish that Whirlpool already spent already more than the original cost; and still it isn't working. Where is the common sense that dictates that any product should be replaced if the cost of repair is higher than the cost of a new?

It is been one month that I am waiting to get the washer repaired and I have to do my washing at a public laundry. I asked customer service to provide a contact address since I wanted to escalate the case to higher management but they refused.

It is telling me that Whirlpool doesn't stand by their product and I regret deeply that all my appliances are Whirlpool.My recommendation for everybody is to look for appliance manufacturer who has proud into their products, who stand by their warranty and who has good customer service; and Whirlpool doesn't have any of this quality.

Review about: Whirlpool Washing Machine.

Had an Experience with Whirlpool?

Comments

WP2008

Hello Andremahfouz.My name is Melanie and I am a representative of Whirlpool.

We apologize about the frustration you have experienced with your washer. If you would like us to look into this further, please provide your name, the site you were contacted on, your user ID name, your phone number, your address, the full model and serial number, and email the requested information to Whirlpool.Digital@whirlpool.com.

We would be happy to review your concerns further.Sincerely, Melanie.

denis512

Looks like that service company is guessing on what's wrong with the washer