In August I purchased a brand new Whirlpool Cabrio washer and dryer from a local retailer.When I received my new dryer it was badly dented on the side and a loud humming noise existed.

The box indicated no damage. I contacted my retailer and expressed that I was going to return the product. They requested that I give them a chance to repair the unit and if not repaired to my satisfaction I would receive a new unit free of charge. I accepted the offer as it would seem I would have nothing to loose until the first repairmen came.

He looked at my unit and said that the dent is under the cover and the repairmen said it appears that the damage occurred at the factory and not during transportation. He said a new side would be ordered under warranty and this would probably resolve the humming noise. After an additional 5 service calls from four different repairmen from two different companies sent by Whirlpool. My entire unit was taken apart and reassembled.

While moving the unit around a gas leaked occurred. Which left me with another problem they will not fix The humming noise still exists and the door doesn't line up like it should. Now and then additional new vibration noises are produced. Whirlpool suggest the we let them try and fix it again.

I have had enough. I bought a new unit and expected a new unit not a refurbished unit. Whirlpool has consistently refused to replace the unit. They even suggested that I remove my ceramic tile on the floor where the unit is located.

Can you believe this?????????????????????????????????????? Attention customers be sure to read the reports of customers as this is not our first bad experience with Whirlpool product quality and customer service.

Don't get caught up like me.It is now December and the humming noise still exists.

Review about: Whirlpool Dryer.

Had an Experience with Whirlpool?

Comments

Your very right! We Bought a new unit and the box was not damaged and a repairmen confirmed that the damage was caused at the factory.

I talked to the robots over at Whirlpool and kept getting the standard speech that Whirpool's policy is to repair the product not replace it.They wanted to send a repairman to repair it for the fifth time.

I then proceeded to contact my retailer and as of right now my unit is going to be replaced.I hope.

Never under any circumstance accept a appliance with big time damamge and noise!

You ask for it you got it ! Dan

WP2008

Hi my name is Kyle and I am a representative of Whirlpool.I am sorry to learn of the issue you are having with your appliance.

If there is anything that I can do please reach out to me via e-mail at Whirlpool.Digital@Whirlpool.com please include your full name, user name, physical address, along with the model and serial number of the appliance you are having concerns with.

Please also include what site we contacted you on for our records.Thanks