Wayne County,New York
2.6

I purchased this machine 5 years ago. I live alone and only use the machine about once every two weeks.

Last month, it stopped working mid-cycle and the lid-light began flashing. The only way to turn it off was to unplug the machine. Then I had to wring my clothes by hand. Repairman came ($75) and I need a new Computer Board (almost $400).

I can buy a new machine for that price. This is not right, as this machine has not been abused by overwork. I wrote Whirlpool and they said - too bad...your warranty is over.

They said - we are sorry, but things break. Last time I buy Whirlpool.

Product or Service Mentioned: Whirlpool Wtw5550xw Washing Machine.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Give me a machine that works.

I didn't like: Fact that they sell bad products and the customer suffers, Will not take responsibilty for products, Told me that, I was told too bad things break.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Apr 05, 2016.

Comments

How long do you expect a company to cover their products? Your machine came with a 1 year warranty.

It is 4 years out of warranty.

Even if you had purchased an extended warranty it would have run out as well. You would be wise to purchase a service plan from your power company if they offer one.

to Anonymous #1379043

That’s why car manufacturers give 36 month 36 thousand mile warranty. I’m not buying whirlpool simply because they don’t improve on they’re mistakes. In other words buy a ford they still get suckers to buy their crap.

zcdevico

Hi Rolo2016, I did buy a cheap machine. Others were closer to $1k.

But don't you think that a machine should stand up to under 200 total uses?

200 uses would be one year for a family of 4. Just saying...

rollo2016

Always best to buy a cheap, no-frills appliance. Your machine is out of warranty.

That's the way it is.

Replace it with a cheap machine. All brands are now junk, by the way.