Wayne County, New York
2.6

I purchased this machine 5 years ago.I live alone and only use the machine about once every two weeks.

Last month, it stopped working mid-cycle and the lid-light began flashing. The only way to turn it off was to unplug the machine. Then I had to wring my clothes by hand. Repairman came ($75) and I need a new Computer Board (almost $400).

I can buy a new machine for that price. This is not right, as this machine has not been abused by overwork. I wrote Whirlpool and they said - too bad...your warranty is over.

They said - we are sorry, but things break.Last time I buy Whirlpool.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of fact that they sell bad products and the customer suffers and will not take responsibilty for products. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss bad quality of whirlpool wtw5550xw washing machine and associated monetary loss in the amount of $500. Whirlpool needs to "give me a machine that works" according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned whirlpool wtw5550xw washing machine in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Whirlpool.

Had an Experience with Whirlpool?

Comments

How long do you expect a company to cover their products?Your machine came with a 1 year warranty.

It is 4 years out of warranty.

Even if you had purchased an extended warranty it would have run out as well.You would be wise to purchase a service plan from your power company if they offer one.

to Anonymous #1379043

That’s why car manufacturers give 36 month 36 thousand mile warranty. I’m not buying whirlpool simply because they don’t improve on they’re mistakes. In other words buy a ford they still get suckers to buy their crap.

zcdevico

Hi Rolo2016, I did buy a cheap machine.Others were closer to $1k.

But don't you think that a machine should stand up to under 200 total uses?

200 uses would be one year for a family of 4.Just saying...

rollo2016

Always best to buy a cheap, no-frills appliance.Your machine is out of warranty.

That's the way it is.

Replace it with a cheap machine.All brands are now junk, by the way.