I contacted Whirlpool today concerning the F1 Error Code.This is the 2nd major issue we have had with our washer (model #WTW6600SW, Ser #CU4070242, purchased November 2007).

The first issue required that the pump be replaced at a cost of $125.00 for the part. My husband, thankfully, is good at this sort of repair so he replaced the pump which saved us the cost of a service call. All that Whirlpool would do is offer to send out a technician (at my cost for parts and service) or sell me a service contract at $385.00. I offered that if they would send me the part, my husband could put it on.

They refused - - - unless of course I wanted to pay for the part. I realize my washer is 6 years old, but if you add what I paid for the washer, plus the pump, plus this new expense, I would be better off to purchase a cheaper washer and just replace it every 3-4 years.

A washer of this cost should last longer than 6 years.Now that I have read where a lot of people have experienced the same issues with the Whirlpool products and their lack of good customer service, I will not make the mistake of purchasing another Whirlpool.

Review about: Whirlpool Washing Machine.

Had an Experience with Whirlpool?

Comments

Stafford, Virginia, United States #791720

I agree it doesn't pay to upgrade bottom of the line and then junk it when the cost of repairs exceeds the cost of a new one