I have the same exact issue with my Whirlpool Cabrio washer cracked lid Model # WTW7800XW2.I, too, was told the same thing from Whirlpool that my warranty expired.
My home warranty doesn't cover the issue either and the cost is half the price of the washer it self. Why is there "a recall" on this item? The lid is cracked at the screw and won't lock, but whirlpool stated since the washer is working they are not responsible for repairs as the warranty expired and I did not purchase the extended warranty.
Now the see through top is cracked on the side the washer does not buzz when the wash cycle is complete and won't lock.A very "pissed off" whirlpool customer.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver product or service ordered
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Whirlpool Wtw7800Xw Top Load Washing Machine
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "Please read reviews prior to ordering from this company, I wish I had. Ordered a 48” Broan Range Hood $1,100.00. Arrived in box that look undamaged (same as..."
- "I purchased a 50-inch TV during the first shopping event at Walmart Thanksgiving Day for the one hour guarantee. Upon arriving home (2-hours away from the store), I entered..."
- "I purchased a Whirlpool Gold French Door Refrigerator less than 3 years ago. Model no. 6X2FHDXVB03. Serial no. K02497488. The freezer is located on the bottom. ..."
- "I have been a customer at Advance Auto parts for years, but today Sept 4th 2016 I went in to one of your stores in Dumfries, VA store #8673 to..."
- "Took it in for a recall.And 4 days later....Left with screws in my battery, rear cup holders improperly installed and needing a new radiator ((see the pics)) Spoke to several..."
- "I purchased this "sport" windscreen from an Ebay seller from Italy for an XDiavel. BEWARE!!! The bolts that came with it are MUCH too short, and are black steel..."
- "Will NEVER purchase RTG ever again! We have spent hours dealing with costumer service and getting passed around... worthless!! We bought our 3 piece leather set with power 3 years..."
- "Had. Went. To. Da. Family. ..."