I have the same exact issue with my Whirlpool Cabrio washer cracked lid Model # WTW7800XW2.I, too, was told the same thing from Whirlpool that my warranty expired.
My home warranty doesn't cover the issue either and the cost is half the price of the washer it self. Why is there "a recall" on this item? The lid is cracked at the screw and won't lock, but whirlpool stated since the washer is working they are not responsible for repairs as the warranty expired and I did not purchase the extended warranty.
Now the see through top is cracked on the side the washer does not buzz when the wash cycle is complete and won't lock.A very "pissed off" whirlpool customer.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver product or service ordered
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Whirlpool Wtw7800Xw Top Load Washing Machine
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "In October 2009 we decided to purchase a Maytag Bravos 850 series washer and dryer combo for approx. $1800. We figured investing in a "premium" set of appliances from..."
- "I'VE NEVER DROPED THIS DOME! I'VE CARED FOR IT SINCE PURCHASE. THE SPLITS IN THE DOME ARE FROM COOKING ONLY. I purchased my oven when you only received one for the..."
- "I purchased a new Whirlpool GOLD refrigerator 61 months ago. In December 2010 it developed blisters in the paint on the exterior front. In June 2011, horizontal cracks..."
- "I write to introduce our financial services to you. I am a direct mandate to a Financial Institution who is also known as private lender specialized in the Lease and..."
- "Service guy came spent 5 minutes or less. He did not leave a list of things he checked or serviced, nothing to sign or review, just said goodbye and walked..."
- "since October I've have had 5 people to see the water damage from the dish. attached are pictures and all have agreed the damage from the dish. the frustration is..."
- "Took it in for a recall.And 4 days later....Left with screws in my battery, rear cup holders improperly installed and needing a new radiator ((see the pics)) Spoke to several..."
- "I have been a customer at Advance Auto parts for years, but today Sept 4th 2016 I went in to one of your stores in Dumfries, VA store #8673 to..."