I have the same exact issue with my Whirlpool Cabrio washer cracked lid Model # WTW7800XW2.I, too, was told the same thing from Whirlpool that my warranty expired.
My home warranty doesn't cover the issue either and the cost is half the price of the washer it self. Why is there "a recall" on this item? The lid is cracked at the screw and won't lock, but whirlpool stated since the washer is working they are not responsible for repairs as the warranty expired and I did not purchase the extended warranty.
Now the see through top is cracked on the side the washer does not buzz when the wash cycle is complete and won't lock.A very "pissed off" whirlpool customer.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver product or service ordered
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Whirlpool Wtw7800Xw Top Load Washing Machine
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "Purchased dish washer 06/08/14 it failed about a month later have been dealing with dealer/ whirlpool was back ordered a month ago delivery 9/17/14 still no part this is 24th..."
- "We've had our refrigerator for 3 years and it caught on fire last night. I'm suspecting the ice maker? The smoke damage is awful not to mention all the lost..."
- "We purchased our Whirlpool Cabrio washer and dryer from Lowe's in 2011. (Whirlpool Cabrio Washer Model WTW7800XW2). Before our one year warranty expired, I noticed the lid was..."
- "I have been a customer at Advance Auto parts for years, but today Sept 4th 2016 I went in to one of your stores in Dumfries, VA store #8673 to..."
- "Took it in for a recall.And 4 days later....Left with screws in my battery, rear cup holders improperly installed and needing a new radiator ((see the pics)) Spoke to several..."
- " HP PC's - Urgent - DO NOT BUY - Rubbish After Sales. So the story is, HP agree to pick up my PC for repair when the PC has..."
- "Brand new Avenger leaks every time it rains. I bought it 6 minths ago from McGeorges RV and have had numerous leaks every time it rains. The manufacturer will not..."
- "Purchased new headlights, and they came with two o ring seals that were ripped. So I asked if I could return for a refund, and they said, "Sure, you pay..."