In August of 2013 the lid on my Whirlpool Cabrio, model #WTW7800XW0 just 'fell apart'.This washer (and matching dryer) was purchased from Lowe's on August 23,2010.

This was not something I broke - it is either a design flaw or inferior materials/workmanship, etc. Other than the lid I was very pleased with the workings of my washer so I opted to get the lid repaired/replaced. When the technician arrived he informed me that the hinge was the problem but the lid would need to be replaced as it couldn't be repaired. He proceeded to order a new lid and new hinges at a cost to me of $385.50.

Being 75 yrs old and only income is Social Security, I could not afford to just go out & buy another new washer. When tech took old lid off and looked at machine 'carefully' he said the hinge didn't 'look that bad' so he didn't bother even opening that box and all he did was put the new lid on. He said I shouldn't have any more problems with it. The box with the new hinges is still on the shelf above my washer.

If the tech figured the hinges were the problem why didn't he replace them when he was here. Now the same problem has occurred again - less than a year after it was supposed to be fixed. I was washing a load and when the wash cycle ended and the lid unlocked - the lid actually sprung upward and now it won't close. This is definitely a defect.

No one touches that washer but me and I certainly don't abuse it or any other appliances in my home.

I am beyond being 'pissed' and plan to never buy another appliance from Lowes nor any other Whirlpool product if this is any example of what Lowes sells and what you produce.I had always thought Whirlpool was a reputable brand but....guess I was wrong.

Review about: Whirlpool Washing Machine.

Had an Experience with Whirlpool?

Comments