We purchased our Cabrio washer from Lowe's on 6-11-2010.It has a glass lid.

After approximately 2 years the left side of the lid assembly cracked and broke and the back end of the lid was sticking up and the washer would not start unless we put a heavy object on it to keep it down. Of course it was out of warranty now but I called a repairman out to give me an estimate of the cost to replace the lid and he said it would be about $280.00 for parts and labor. I paid the repairman his $45.00 service call charge and told him "No Thanks!". Then I found a metal strap in my junk box at home and fashioned a splint for the left side of the lid.

I had to drill several holes into the side of the lid. I screwed tiny screws through the plate into the side of the lid. This worked out very well, but did not look nice, but it fixed the issue. I called Whirlpool and told them about the problem and the bad design but they basically blew me off.

Now just a few days ago the right side of the lid broke and I will have to fix it the same way.

I will be calling Whrilpool again to express my dissatisfaction with their product and service, but I do not think it will do any good.I just will not ever purchase another Whirlpool piece of excrement again and I will be broadcasting plenty of bad press about their products.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of washing machine. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss bad quality of whirlpool washing machine and associated monetary loss in the amount of $900. Whirlpool needs to offer any options to resolve the issue according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned whirlpool washing machine in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Whirlpool.

Had an Experience with Whirlpool?

Comments

Ephrata, Pennsylvania, United States #1178470

we purchaed our cabrio about 3 years ago and today the same issue with the lid. the hinge on the left side is sticking up and you have to be carefull how you close the lid and push down on it till it locks and then the washer will work.i am not happy after reading every one elses reviews about whirlpool customer service. i guess i will be buying another machine soon.

donna cullen