We bought this Whirlpool Cabrio washer (model # WTW7800XW0) in March 2011, which has a see-through glass lid.After about 12 months of usage, the part of the plastic lid frame that connects with the right hinge of the machine broke.

I called Lowes, where I bought the machine from, and was told the machine is out of the 12 month warranty and I would have to pay for the repair. Knowing that the plastic frame is being connected to a metal hinge and it is not going last another year even if I paid for a new plastic framed lid. So, I tried to put a metal reinforcement on where the plastic frame broke, and this helped for another year or so. But the plastic frame still bends around the the metal reinforcement and it has got worse recently.

I did some research online and noticed other people are having the same issue. After contacting Whirlpool with no help offered, this customer posted his complaint here and it seems that someone from Whirlpool came through and fixed the machine for him at no cost to him. I called Whirlpool today and was told I have to pay for the repair. I guess I am going through that customer's story but hope it does not end here.

This is clearly a design problem and the plastic frame is not strong enough to withstand hundreds or thousands of opening/closing around the hinge area.Whirlpool needs to issue a recall, if ever they have one, on this part and help their customer fix the problem.

Review about: Whirlpool Washing Machine.

Had an Experience with Whirlpool?

Comments

WP2008
Benton Harbor, Michigan, United States #724563

Hi Pconsumer2013.We are very sorry to hear about the frustrations you are experiencing with your washer.

We would be more than happy to look into this matter further for you. If you would like us to look into this further, please email us directly at Whirlpool.Digital@Whirlpool.com.

Ensure your name, phone number, address, model and serial number, and this reference number: 60220, are included in your email.Best, Ashley