Whirlpool Cabrio washer cracked lid Model # WTW7800XW2
My husband AND I purchased our Whirlpool Cabrio washer and dryer from Lowe's in 2011 (Model # WTW7800XW2). About 10 months after I purchased this I noticed a hairline crack on the right side of the frame that holds the glass top near the hinge. I didn't think to much of this, I figured it may have been screwed to tight when manufactured. A few days ago I noticed the lid wasn't sitting flat and saw the crack had gotten much worse. The Cabrio lid is made with a heavy piece of glass inside a plastic frame allowing you to see through the top. It's pretty obvious that the plastic frame is not durable enough to hold the heavy piece of glass.
I called Lowe's and they told me that because I didn't purchase their extended warranty that I should contact Whirlpool. I called Whirlpool and was told it was a "cosmetic defect" because the washer still works. They also told me my washer is outside of it's warranty so they would schedule someone to fix it but I was 100% responsible for the repair costs (which I found out will be $400). Out of curiosity I googled this issue online and found numerous people complaining about this exact same issue. When I told this to the customer service agent at Whirlpool, she said there weren't enough people to recall the product. Why should I spend $400 when it was a design flaw that caused this problem? I found out the year after my washer was made, the lid was redesigned with a much sturdier frame, Coincidence? I think not!
I haven't had any problems Thus far with the dryer but with the experience I've had with this washer will make me never by another Whirlpool product again. I can't believe they won't stand by their product! Obviously they know this has been a major complaint on this model from 2011 because it was changed the following year. I have purchased many Whirlpool appliances over the years but dealing with this issues has been frustrating. I'm so disappointed in Whirlpool and their lack of integrity!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Whirlpool Wtw7800Xw Top Load Washing Machine
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "I had contacted Whirlpool a few months ago about my Cabrio washer lid plastic cracking. They told me there was nothing they could do since 1-it is out of..."
- "I purchased a refrigerator from HHgregg on a HHgregg credit card, price $2,197 model # WRV986FDEM01 S# K61328309 delivered June 5, 2016. I noticed after about two weeks that..."
- "the new wave oven dome cracks under warranty u call to get a replacement one they sell you a upgraded one with three year warranty, caws they claim they no..."
- "New Pinwheels recipe is terrible. They've ruined it. It tastes bad and won't stop tasting bad. It leaves a rotten aftertaste in the mouth. *** decision to change the recipe...."
- "i bought a single wide Friendship,in 1997..we totally loved that place.. However after losing my job in 2002,GT started to bug me sayign how delinquent we..."
- "Ordered the wireless head set from Mobstub online. They provided me a tracking number abs said it was sent through usps. After never receiving, i contacted usps. They said the..."
- "So I've had State Farm for 32 years. My daughter turned 16 about a year ago and we put her on our insurance. Her insurance rate was nearly 5x..."
- "This *** company is a scam. They take your *** money and make you jump through hoops to get it back. I put $280 on a reloadit card to send someone..."
- "Amazon took my money and failed to delivery the items in their listing. The listing clearly showed a 10 count box,(see screen shot), and they sent 1. I contacted Amazon..."