Whirlpool Cabrio washer cracked lid Model # WTW7800XW2
My husband AND I purchased our Whirlpool Cabrio washer and dryer from Lowe's in 2011 (Model # WTW7800XW2). About 10 months after I purchased this I noticed a hairline crack on the right side of the frame that holds the glass top near the hinge. I didn't think to much of this, I figured it may have been screwed to tight when manufactured. A few days ago I noticed the lid wasn't sitting flat and saw the crack had gotten much worse. The Cabrio lid is made with a heavy piece of glass inside a plastic frame allowing you to see through the top. It's pretty obvious that the plastic frame is not durable enough to hold the heavy piece of glass.
I called Lowe's and they told me that because I didn't purchase their extended warranty that I should contact Whirlpool. I called Whirlpool and was told it was a "cosmetic defect" because the washer still works. They also told me my washer is outside of it's warranty so they would schedule someone to fix it but I was 100% responsible for the repair costs (which I found out will be $400). Out of curiosity I googled this issue online and found numerous people complaining about this exact same issue. When I told this to the customer service agent at Whirlpool, she said there weren't enough people to recall the product. Why should I spend $400 when it was a design flaw that caused this problem? I found out the year after my washer was made, the lid was redesigned with a much sturdier frame, Coincidence? I think not!
I haven't had any problems Thus far with the dryer but with the experience I've had with this washer will make me never by another Whirlpool product again. I can't believe they won't stand by their product! Obviously they know this has been a major complaint on this model from 2011 because it was changed the following year. I have purchased many Whirlpool appliances over the years but dealing with this issues has been frustrating. I'm so disappointed in Whirlpool and their lack of integrity!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Whirlpool Wtw7800Xw Top Load Washing Machine
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "I bought an element TV 42" at target and two months after the TV started to turn off by itself every 5 minutes. I went to target and couldn't return..."
- "What an utter bowel movement of a company. My refrigerator (Whirlpool Refrigerator Model WRX735SDBM02) is brand new and already the surface of the control panel is flaking and peeling away...."
- "I own a whirpool refrigerator with an ice maker. Granted it is five years old it has started spitting large and small shards of plastic out into the..."
- "Dear Mr. Jim Millerborg(Sam's Club; Wichita Kansas 316-945-3010)My name is Kimberly Vu-Childrey and I'm just one of Sam's customers. I have purchased and IPod-touch on 01/18/2010, with the 2yr Service..."
- "I ordered a hoodie on 04-21-2015. I received an email stating that it had been shipped. Obvious that was a lie because it still has not arrived. I am more..."
- "Sje was on her phone off and on the whole time we were there. Customers asked for help and she wouldn't move. To top it off she didn't..."
- "The flowers i got delivered to my fiance were pretty, BUT they were super small and in my eyes dont look anything compared to their picture. Delivery was on time..."
- "I ordered a two products from Bonanza vendors, best price I could find. Showing in stock, I purchased and later received an email stating it was out of stock, nicely..."
- "Purchased new headlights, and they came with two o ring seals that were ripped. So I asked if I could return for a refund, and they said, "Sure, you pay..."