Featured Not resolved

Cabrio Washer model WTW7800XW0 S/N C02570663

We purchased the washer 1/21/2011 and have replaced the cracked lid already 2 times. Now the internal spring assembly has corroded and rusted through the porcelain at the top of the washer around the hinges and bleach dispenser. The entire upper porcelain assembly of the washer needs to be replaced to correct the issues.

This lid problem is a widely documented issue with this model. Google the model number and complaints to find them.

It is unthinkable that a company as large as Whirlpool would not stand behind this obvious product defect. A top of the line model should not rust away in less than 3 years to be thrown out.

Product or Service Mentioned: Whirlpool Washing Machine.

Comments

richardsonco
Des Moines, Iowa, United States #880926

I had the same issue. I sanded the metal down taped-primed the sprayed with appliance paint by Krylon Paint 3201 epoxy.

I bought the paint through Amazon. Still holding up. I also replaced the lid with metal one.

I have a recent post about that. It's been on for several months now work great.

to richardsonco #1074378

Hello Richard,

I'm so glad you posted this! We have a WTW7800XW0, and we are on the second lid, which like the first, has a cracked frame and the glass is now popping up.

We are interested in trying the all-metal lid that you did, but it is not listed as "compatible" for this model. May I assume that you chose to disregard their compatibility suggestion and have had successful results? If so, I think we will go ahead and try it too. Just wandering about the lid lock, and as you mentioned, the spacers.

We REALLY don't want to buy another identical lid, or a new washer at this point!

Thank you!

CaraC

It's Not a manufacturer "Defect" as you so put it :x , See the "discoloration" around the *** bleach dispenser? Thats from over filling it..and subsequently running over, Too much bleach,fabric softner, and detergents are the number 1 cause of rust,corrosion,and machines breaking down :roll ..So now if you run your car into a lake, are you going to expect the factory to "warranty" the car ?

Since it most likely will have issues ?!?!?! I think not...

:zzz

Appliance Technician in central Florida for 11 years... :grin
to Anonymous #1089314

I have the same problem, and have never overfilled any of the compartments. It's a product defect.

to Anonymous #1616421

No it’s not *** as I do not use bleach at all and this same thing happened. you know it all *** for 11 years! It’s called designed obsolescence, you’re going to have to look it up skeeter.