3.4
Ease of Use
Style and Design

This is the worst washer ever made in the history of modern appliances.It can't spin without making a spare tire where one blanket or sheet wraps around all the others and then the ones inside are dirty and soaking wet.

I have had to wash the same load three times to get them done right. DO NOT BUY THIS PIECE OF CRAP. The time to finish a load is so wrong you can never tell how long it will take to wash a load, it stays on the same time remaining for 30 mins.

This morning it indicated the wash would take 56 mins, it has been going for over an hour and a half now and I am not sure what it is doing.I have to watch it to completion because it may start walking down the hall any second.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

Same here.Worst washer ever!

Always have to play with the buttons, they always get stuck. Easily gets unbalanced. I often have to wash things twice just to get clothes clean. Ive only had it a few years and now, no power.

Checked the outlet, its fine. For what i paid, it should have lasted a good 10 years. Om only doing laundry for 2, so its not even getting used much.

I had a cheap washing machine when my kids were little and it lasted forever.I will never buy whirlpool again.

I would like to upload a photo of the infamous spare tire

Apparently they have someone who monitors this sit because someone called from Whirlpool a couple of days after I posted this.They offered to send someone out to look at it for free.

The service man told me what I already knew. There is nothing mechanically wrong with the washer currently but I have only had it 16 months. There is something very wrong with the timer, if it says the wash will take 56 minutes then count on an additional hour. The little computer it appears cannot tell time.

I just think it is a very bad design, it has a serious flaw when trying to sense how to clean. The wrapping around the load by a sheet, trowel or thermal blanket is crazy. I am so tired of seeing the spare tire when I open the washer and pulling wet cloths out for underneath the spare tire (that is what it looks like to me).

Whirlpool I give you an A for the effort but there is nothing to fix except to change the design of this appliance for the future..I would still like to have my money back.

I have a whirlpool cabrio top loader and it is the biggest waste of a $1,000 that we have EVER spent.We did buy an extended warranty and they have been about ten times.

I have mailed a letter to Whirlpool, but never heard back! I WILL NEVER BUY WHIRLPOOL appliances EVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

I have even stood in certain stores, and told individuals who were looking at whirlpool appliances to save their money and look at LG and Samsung!If we would have had the machine replaced or returned our money!

Whirlpool called me very quickly after this post and offered to send a repair person free of charge.That was very nice of them and I appreciate the effort but I don't think you can fix ***.

It is never going to work right without an agitator.I tried to reduce the load and washed the thin blanket only with other whites, when I opened the washer a large towel was wrapped around the load.

WP2008

Dear Anonymous:

Thank you for your review.We are sorry to hear of your Washer concerns.

We would like to inquire further about your review with you. Please email us at Whirlpool_Reviews@Whirlpool.com, with your name, phone number, street address, zip code, model & serial number, and date of purchase, the website that you submitted your inquiry, and a brief description of the issue.

We look forward to your reply.

Thank you.