Silverwood, Michigan
1.4
Style and Design

Over the course of 2 years and a replacement dryer (2 dryers total) my Whirlpool Cabrio dryer has had to have the fuse that is used as a fire hazard safety device replaced 12 times and it is currently down again for the same problem.When I contacted Whirlpool to work the problem out, I was informed that I have a 4 year old dryer (My first Cabrio was purchased in 2011 and in 2013 after 12 repairs it was replaced with an identical make) and being 4 years old, it is 3 years past the manufacturers warranty.

The first dryer I had 2 years and continually had the same part replaced a dozen times of which no records were maintained. When the second dryer was delivered and installed, I was given the same speech about the dryer vent and the lint trap. They discussed never interrupting the cycle without turning it off or pausing it first. And the list goes on and on.

I am such a dryer freak that I refuse to use dryer sheets because they gum up the dryers and start fires. Whirlpool said that after the first year all problems experienced are the customers responsibility and they didn't care that this was the same ongoing problem. They said it was a different dryer. How can this be a different dryer.

Every dryer in this model # has the same components inside it. Therefore potentially causing the same fire hazard if this safety fuse doesn't do its job and shut everything down. Then causing the same repair expense for every dryer owner that has purchased this model. Sounds like a scheme to make $ when sales dropped from an unstable financial situation in the United States.

I contacted 3 different people within whirlpool, gradually climbing the ladder and NONE of them seemed to think that this was a problem. I was even told that they didn't believe me. I wasn't looking for a new dryer the first time when they replaced it, so that makes me think that someone somewhere felt there was a serious concern. All I wanted them to cover was the repairman's fees.

I would cover the parts. I am not an unreasonable person but you can not tell me that no one else is having this exact problem.

NOW, when I explained that I had read MANY online complaints about their product, they responded with "nothing posted online by consumers is considered a factual complaint and they will not take them into consideration.This is a serious issue and needs to be addressed!

This reviewer shared experience about bad quality and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any) as the author lost $320. The author is overall dissatisfied with Whirlpool. The most disappointing about whirlpool dryer from Whirlpool was defective parts, total lack of conscience and cheaply made product Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Whirlpool.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Appliances and Electronics category for more informed decision or compare Whirlpool to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Whirlpool?

Comments