Ponca City, Oklahoma

Iv had 3 (three) whirlpool water heaters which I purchased at lowes..All 3 water heaters have had problems..First I was told the vent to the heater was dirty and needed cleaned..I cleaned the vent and still the problem..Next I was told to increase the size of the vent in the heater closet, saying it was too small, I took the door off and left it off, Still the problem..Called lowes--- found out they just sell the product, No warrenty through them...Called whirlpool, they indicated it was not the water heater.

Called whirlpool again talked to someone else and he indicated they were having problems with whirlpool on a number of products..Howere, he did sent me a thermo couple.. the water heater still did not work!! Took it to lowes in ponca City Ok, they refused to do anything about it...loaded it up and hauled it to Enid Ok...they Gave me a new one...Had the plumber install it and He indicated that he had so many cumtomers that were having trouble with whirlpool and especilly water heaters..The replacement tank lasted almost 3 weeks and it too would not keep the pilot light lit...I called Whirlpool they said the burner assembly was bad and sent me a new burner assembly. had it installed ---cost $135.00 for plumber.

this lasted about a month and than no pilot again.. I called lowes, they said it was not their responsibility, they just sell the heater.. Called whirlpool they said I needed a new throm- coupler..-- I loaded it up and drove back to Enid --125 miles round trip. Lowes gave me a new water heater...Plumber installed it $127.50..

It worked for 2 months, almost 3 months.. Than again, no pilott light. Called lowes , they said they just sell the product...Called whirlpool, thye sent me a thermo-coupler about a week later, I got that new therma- coupler.. Had the plumber install it.

$107.00 labor and mileage..He told me he had 7 water heaters by whirlpool to work on this day, same problem...Howere. it wasnt the therma coupler, called the whirlpool co and was told they would send a new gas valve..-- I got the new va;lve in 3 days... called the plumber and had it installed... He felt sorry for me this time Just $87 bucks..

Water heater worked for almost a month and no pilot! Called whirlpool they told me to push a RESET switch on the heater... Its working now!! it has worked almost 2 weeks...

Just wanted Lowes and whirlpool to know one thing, I will never ever purchase another product made by whirlpool and I will never go back to lowes. Whirpool sends out defective water heaters, they know they are defective when they leave the store.. it has cost me over $500.00 dollars. Pleaser, if you are buying a new water heater, consider paqying a bit more for a differnt brand..

You will be money ahead....

Review about: Whirlpool Water Heater.

Had an Experience with Whirlpool?

Comments

LOWES DOES NOT MAKE WATERHEATERS JAMBED.GET A CLUE BEFORE YOU MAKE A FALSE STATEMENT.

MOST WATERHEATERS STOCKED BY HOME DEPOT AND LOWES ARE ALL MADE BY THE SAME COMPANY. PROBLEM IS PEOPLE DONT WANT TO SPEND THE MONEY TO GET A GOOD WATERHEATER. LOWES CAN SPECIAL ORDER TOP MAKER WATERHEATERS.

BUT IT SEEMS MOST PEOPLE ARE MORE CONCERNED WITH PRICE THAN QUALITY.I GOT A RHEEM FROM LOWES AND HAVN'T HAD ANY PROBLEMS.

GOT TO LOVE WE MORONS IN THIS COUNTRY. LOWE AND WHIRLPOOL SELLS YOU A PIECE OF ***, THEN GET YOU TO BUY A EXTENDE WARRANTY. WE NEVER WISEUP, THE'VE COST ME DAYS WITHOUT HOT WATER AND A PLUMBING BILL.

I AGREE THESE HOT WATER HEATERS ARE A ROYAL PIECE OF ***.I'VE HAD TO REPLACE 3 THERMOCOUPLES,AFTER GETTING THE RUN AROUNDS OF A LIFE TIME, THEN HAVING TO PAY A PLUMBER $150.00 FOR THE LAST GO AROUND. ONE OF THESE BASTARDS SHOULD BE SUED IN A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT.

whirlpool water heaters are licensed and not manufactured by Whirlpool. All whirlpool does is lend its name to Lowes . Be made at Lowes - not Whirlpool