My husband and I purchase a Whirlpool kitchen appliance set back on 11/26/10 (Black Friday Lowe's special sale).We purchased a Refrigerator, Stove, Microwave, and dishwasher.

I also purchased the LOWE's extended warranty, which isn't worth the paper or more specific the receipt its written on. Last year the drawer bin that stores your fruits and vegetables broke. The rails that hold the drawer in the slides all broke apart into little chunks. I lived with it becasue we could lift the drawer in and out.

Now recently within the last 2 weeks the storage holder on the inside door for the large gallon milk size containers broke onthe side and you can't use it. I contacted both the Whirlpool CSR and the Lowe's Extended Warranty division. Lowe's scheduled a repairment with A-1 Appliance to come out. The repairman called after the repair order came to their office and said, it's COSMETIC and they wont cover the parts.

The appliance was advertised to have "energy star space saving storage compartments". If you're advertise a interior feature to an appliance as a selling point, then you should stand behind the advertisement and not consider it COSMETIC. It should be a key component to the appliance. I have called both departments again and get told the parts will cost $110 + shipping.

And that it is under warranty with Lowe's but not with Whirlpool and neither will cover the part. I'm very frustrated and angry that a ONCE reliable appliance manufacturer has reduced themselves to being worst than KENMORE. I spent $2,300.00 for these appliances and they can't replace $110 parts to keep a good customer. And to have these parts break in less than 2 years shows a lack in quality in the manufacturer.

The drawer should have lasted longer than 9 months, especially when then only things stored in it are vegetables. And a storage bin built for a heavy items like two gallons of milk, should be made of sturdier material to last longer than 22 months.

This is ridiculous and Whirlpool has lost a non-returning customer.And one that is going to tell everyone and every website about this poor customer service and manufacturing products.

Had an Experience with Whirlpool?

Comments

WP2008

Hi my name is Kyle and I am a representative of Whirlpool.I am sorry to learn of the issue you are having with your appliance.

If there is anything that I can do please reach out to me via e-mail at Whirlpool_Digital@Whirlpool.com please include your full name, user name, physical address, along with the model and serial number of the appliance you are having concerns with.

Please also include what site we contacted you on for our records.Thanks