We purchased our kitchen appliances from PC Richard upon moving into our new home about 3 mos.ago.

We previously had the same refrig. for 18 mos. in Lusby, Md. with no problems.

Upon opening our crisper drawer one day we saw a crack down the front of the drawer. We had not noticed it previously. There is a little sideways mark which could of been there and having older eyes just did not notice it. Up to this point we were very happy with all our appliances so we bought the Cabrio washer and dryer.

We had also purchased them in Md. So you can imagine all the money we have spent on Whirlpool appliances in the past 3 yrs. Now we are totally disappointed with Whirlpool as when we called in the crack thinking we would be covered. Instead we were told plastic parts were not covered.

Just how many parts in the refrigerator are not plastic. The way we look at it is that we are married more than 42 years and never had anything inside a refrigerator break. We feel this has to be a defect in the drawer. We would not buy another Whirlpool appliance after this experience.

We are totally disappointed with their service. Our dtr.

bought GE and their service dept.is much better.

Thank you, Phyllis Ostipwko postipwko@gmail.com

Review about: Whirlpool Refrigerator.

Had an Experience with Whirlpool?

Comments

dandvmay
Orlando, Florida, United States #602003

I had the same problem with my Amana refrigerator.All of the shelves have also cracked all around the glass and bowing.I would consider this very unsafe as they could come crashing down.

But Amana/Whirlpool takes no responsibility.

Today I noticed that the plastic around the glass on my Whirlpool Microwave is also cracking!!They definitely have a problem with the materials they are using!