Update by user Dec 24, 2011

I wish there was something good to add at this point, but there is not.The Whirlpool rep who contacted me just reiterated how sorry Whirlpool is about my appliance.

They just directed me back to my dealer for any compensation. My dealer had offered to get a new unit for me at his wholesale price and install it free, but that was the extent of what he could do. I suggested to Whirlpool that perhaps some monetary remuneration would help but their \"policy\" does not include anything like that, I was told.

It would have been SOME help for me to get a few hundred dollars toward the re-purchase of a two thousand dollar appliance.I remain disappointed.

Original review posted by user Nov 23, 2011

One membrane on my Whirlpool combo microwave-wall oven, the one that turns on the whole unit, has ceased to work.I purchased it in 2007 for my house in 2008.

To ME it was "new", but the membrane panel is obsolete and there is no way to repair this unit. I phoned Whirlpool twice, and all they could give me were apologies. I would have loved a little monetary support here, but none was offered. I am now looking at having to purchase an entire NEW unit, MSRP $2300.00!

My present unit was made in 1996.

Be careful of "bargain" buys on "new" appliances because they may not be as new as they seem!

Review about: Whirlpool Microwave.

Had an Experience with Whirlpool?

Comments

WP2008
Cosala, Sinaloa, Mexico #381893

Hi my name is Jordan and I am a representative of Whirlpool. I am sorry to learn of the issue you are having with your combo microwave wall oven. If there is anything that I can do please reach out to me via e-mail at Whirlpool.Digital@Whirlpool.com please include your user name, the site we contacted you on and your complete contact information.