My 10 1/2 month old Whirlpool refrigerator quit on June 27 and someone from A&E (Whirlpool's preferred service provider) came out the next day. Without pulling the refrigerator out from the wall and looking at the back or anything else, he diagnosed it needed a new compressor (still under warranty).

The whole service call lasted about 10-15 minutes. He ordered the part and it would not be able to be replaced till 8 days later on July 6. July 6 came and a different guy came, pulled out the refrigerator and said the compressor was ok, that the refrigerant had probably all leaked. He recharged it and added dye.

It never got cold again--I'm assuming the leak is a large one and it all leaked out again (if that's what in fact the problem is). Called A&E to tell them, and their earliest appointment is July 15. That is almost 3 weeks without a refrigerator, assuming they actually fix it on July 15. Hopefully the third time's a charm, but I won't hold my breath.

I called Lowe's and Whirlpool to try to get something done in a more timely manner, but I always get sent back to A&E.

Horrible way for all 3 to do business! Never again.

Review about: Whirlpool Refrigerator.

Comments