map-marker Raleigh, North Carolina

I needed to get some info. right away on a Whirlpoo

I urgently needed to get some info before buying a in cabinet Whirlpool microwave w/trimkit. NOWHERE on line was the info. and after 20+min of searching for a LIVE person Whirlpool wanted to charge me $6. to ask my question..SERIOUSLY??? Its a $650 purchase. My other product option is a GE Profile micro. THEY answered my question and Im buying a GE tomorrow even though its $150 more. Guess Whirlpool really hates helping its customers !

User's recommendation: Nope!

Dawn G Fsg

Freezer malfunction

Whirlpool - Freezer malfunction
Whirlpool - Freezer malfunction - Image 2
Whirlpool - Freezer malfunction - Image 3
Whirlpool - Freezer malfunction - Image 4

I got two New Frigidaire's from Myers Appliance on February 13th . Myers is with East Akron neighborhood Development client .

This is a Organization through heap & pip witch is Energy heat for low income. So I'm on both because of low income with I'm on SSID . I got a letter from pip they wanted to check my frigerators To see if they was energy sufficient & I had a week to Respond back to the letter, allowing them to come in and check my refrigerators.If I did not respond they could take me off of my Pip & Heap . So they came out .

My Refrigerators Wasn't energy sufficient . So they set up for me to get two new refrigerators . I got them and at first they both were working fine.Then four days later they thawed everything in my freezer, and both of them did . Maintenance man came looked at them on Tuesday the 19th He Adjusted doing something to the back of them .

They both started to work . I went out bought food & put my things in the freezers & then 3 days later they both stopped working again . And thawed out all my things in the Freezers . So I called Myers back & let them know & they said they would have someone come look at them .

I also called Whirlpool to let you know how much I lost in food & I'm a single mom & I have kids to feed . I used up all my snap benefits & I'm out of food . My ham & food was in there for our East dinner . I can't do much for my kids but make them a good dinner & I can't do that .

So a another Maintenance man came out Friday the 22 of March he said both have to be replaced something about compressors fail . So on Wednesday the 27th of March they bought two new refrigerators out . & I had to call Myers today March 29th because the one Refrigerator is not working its not freezing & Refrigerator part is not cooling . I'm Beyond pissed now .

Because my uncle gave me food & I went to the food Pantry . And now my food is Ruin again . I give up . I called ask for my old Refrigerators to be brought back to my home .

They told me

Mine was in a junkyard . I never in my life thought I would have deal with something like this . 3 Refrigerators for over a month have not worked properly . & they all was brand new .

Whats going on ? My house temp is at 73 in every room & Myers is telling me if the room temp goes down below 50 the freezer shuts off . I never heard of Such a thing I never had any trouble with my Refrigerators in the past in my dinning Room. I say this because it's the 2 Refrigerator.

Replaced

in my dining room . When the Maintenance man came out on the 22 of March he said that room was warm & he look at the Thermostat on the wall in that room . So I asked why is the new kitchen Refrigerator not working.I have a new deep freezer in the same room . My deep freezer is just fine .

So tell me what's really going on . The thing is I understand things can happen but 3 times in a row I've got bad Refrigerators & lost around 900.00 of food & can't get anymore snap till the 20th of April. So how I'm I going to feed my family . Myers is coming out Monday April 1st to look at the new Refrigerator in my dinner room that's not work after again being replaced .

Do you guys have a Batch of these refrigerators.They're just are bad or something's bad on them ? Or just made cheapest you can ? If this Refrigerator has to be replaced again with another one . They can just take these back & I'll rent one & make sure the brand is not Whirlpool .

Don't get me wrong I'm grateful for the help but my old Refrigerators was working just fine .

I wouldn't had to go through all this if it wasn't for these Refrigerators didn't have manufacturer fail & I feel I need Reimburse for the food I lost over a month with these awful Refrigerators when I asked that I was told you can't Reimburse me for Spoiled food . Witch is so wrong this wasn't my fault this happens its your Refrigerators that has made this problem.

Loss:

Preferred solution: Like to get the amount of food that was thawed & Spoiled do to getting 5 Refrigerators in the last month that don't work & had to be replaced

User's recommendation: No way I use to think you was the best but not anymore I have bought nothing but Whirlpool in my lifetime . But not anymore

Deena H Tfx

Refrigerator

My fridge is less than 2 years old. Delivered to me May 2, 2022. It is having issues with condensation between doors and water dripping out of the ice/water dispenser. The Authorized Repair Tech says the problems are non serviceable/no parts to fix it and I need a new fridge. The warranty was only for a year. And it's not even repairable. This is ridiculous! $1500.00 gone on a junk fridge
Loss:
Pros:
  • Looks nice
Cons:
  • Quality is lacking

User's recommendation: Do not buy Whirlpool

Sherry D Upx

Verified Reviewer

They NEVER answered the phone!

Whirlpool - They NEVER answered the phone!
Whirlpool - They NEVER answered the phone! - Image 2
I hardly used my icemaker! I live alone! After a couple of months, I started using it and it quit working! After several calls, I finally got Stines to come out! That's where I bought it! They found two pieces of Styrofoam left in it when it was installed! After removing it, the icemaker works perfectly! But I had to pay almost $100 for Whirlpool's mistake!
Loss:
Pros:
  • I have bought several whirlpool appliances
Cons:
  • Fact that i had to pay for a service charge for a whirlpool mistake

Preferred solution: Refund of service charge

User's recommendation: Repay the service charge!

Michael A Jfl

Verified Reviewer

Poor product quality and bad customer service

Whirlpool - Poor product quality and bad customer service
Whirlpool - Poor product quality and bad customer service - Image 2
Whirlpool - Poor product quality and bad customer service - Image 3
This Microwave is going rusty after 6 months. Whirlpool customer service refuse to accept any responsibility for the microwave. Initially said rust was not covered by their warranty which is untrue. They then cancelled the warranty on the product. Warranty is a legal requirement to sell in EU.
Cons:
  • Poor quality product and poor customer service

User's recommendation: Do not buy Whirlpool, get better products

| map-marker Seattle, Washington

Reoccurring issue without replacement

Whirlpool - Reoccurring issue without replacement
Whirlpool - Reoccurring issue without replacement - Image 2
Junk products. Purchased their $1000 dishwasher in November 2022. It has spent more time being repaired than used. Every 3 months the same part breaks & I have to wait for the repair. Now maytag refused to fix (just outside the 1 year warranty), it is the SAME PART! They also refused to replace even though it is obviously a lemon or horrible machine. We own a construction company & will never recommend their products to ANYONE. Also, they reported & blocked my social media account when I posted my issue (along with thousands of others). They had my account restricted as well.

User's recommendation: Avoid at all costs

Kjersta L

| map-marker Buena Park, California

Faulty product, not repaired and damaged unit and cannot/will not fix

Whirlpool - Faulty product, not repaired and damaged unit and cannot/will not fix - Image 2
Whirlpool - Faulty product, not repaired and damaged unit and cannot/will not fix - Image 3
Whirlpool - Faulty product, not repaired and damaged unit and cannot/will not fix - Image 4

I bought a fridge 6 mo ago, the water spout for the indoor water/ice has been leaking. They have come out 3 times to repair and cannot fix it.

The dripping water has caused damage to the finish on the SS door. They absolutely will not cover ANY damage that is caused by a faulty part (think about your flooring, fire?). SO, they are coming out for the 4th time to fix but even if they can fix it, they will not fix the "cosmetic" issue that the faulty appliance caused to itself.

There is "no one in the company that can override the written warranty" and the manger of the escalation team "is not customer facing" so all you get is the person reading off the warranty Q cards. So you now have a $1200 appliance that leaks and looks like crap because of the leak...

User's recommendation: Do not buy Whirlpool..and I guess read the warranty manual from front to back...cause who does that

map-marker Saint Paul, Minnesota

Excessive Ice Buildup in Freezer - Refrigerator Freezer won't defrost properly

Whirlpool - Excessive Ice Buildup in Freezer - Refrigerator Freezer won't defrost properly - Image 2
Whirlpool - Excessive Ice Buildup in Freezer - Refrigerator Freezer won't defrost properly - Image 3
Whirlpool - Excessive Ice Buildup in Freezer - Refrigerator Freezer won't defrost properly - Image 4

A new Whirlpool refrigerator/freezer was purchased on October 4, 2022. On June 9, 2023 I noticed large amounts of ice buildup in the freezer compartment.

An obvious failure with the freezer defrosting/drainage system. Whirlpool had their local repair tech perform the repair. The tech replaced nothing and said simply melting the ice and adjusting defrost hardware is all that it needed. The tech was wrong as the ice came back within about 6 months later.

Whirlpool repair service tried to say it is out of warrantee even though they failed to fix the original defect that existed with this brand new refrigerator/freezer. I told Whirlpool they need to honor the warrantee because they have failed to successful make a proper warrantee repair. The frustration is that it takes 4-6 months of time for the freezer air recirculation to generate a sufficient amount of ice to make the problem visible. Very poor customer service at Whirlpool.

Customer Service said they would send out a tech free of charge to look at the existing warrantee problem even though it's now past the warrantee expiration date. The service company called and said they would be out for the repair but I would need to pay $135 for the service call. I wish I had purchased a different brand of refrigerator/freezer as the customer service at Whirlpool is unacceptable. I do have a fully size Whirlpool refrigerator/freezer that is about 20 years old and it works great.

My 20-year old Whirlpool dishwasher works great too. It seems like the older Whirlpool appliances are good, but nothing but trouble with this 2022 purchased refrigerator/freezer which cost me about $500 to buy.

User's recommendation: Avoid Whirlpool products because my customer service experience and warrantee repair issue problem is extremely frustrating.

Cathy M Ckh

Verified Reviewer

Three deliveries of the same washing machine all three defective.

Whirlpool - Three deliveries of the same washing machine all three defective.
Whirlpool - Three deliveries of the same washing machine all three defective. - Image 2
Whirlpool - Three deliveries of the same washing machine all three defective. - Image 3

My washing machine died week before Thanksgiving. I went to three big box stores, Abt and Grand appliance to look for a new set.

What I found in all of these stores were the same brands and same models. The big box stores were too loud and too many people so that left Grand and Abt. I went out on black Friday hoping to find a good deal for a top load washer with a removable agitator.

There aren't many models with a removable agitator to chose from but I was able to find one a Abt. The crowds were overwhelming so I left for Grand Appliance.

First lesson, never shop for large items on black Friday if you can't deal with crowds. When I got to Grand there were only a few people in the store. i was free to move around. I had done my research on brands (not stores) and which ones typically had repair issues.

Whirlpool and one other brand were the only two with removable agitator. After some discussion and price match I decided to purchase from Grand. After all, i purchased my last washer/ dryer from Grand 20 years ago.

My salesman set up a date for the following Tuesday. The delivery man shows up, takes the washer off the truck, upons the box and the washer is dented on the sides and the top was not seated properly.

No problem because thats expect or so I thought.

Next delivery was for Saturday, same deliver guy, same process but this time similar issue. The top gapped on two sides and the lint door was not seated properly. I call the salesman and tell him I have no confidence i this product. He thinks its a fluke.

I want out. He says in all his years of selling, this has never happened. I should take delivery one more time because three times a charm. He would also contact whirlpool customer service to see what type of compensation they could offer.

Second mistake you should always go with your first mind.

I agree to a third delivery for Tuesday the following week. Different crew and same issue. The top of the washer is warped and the lint door doesn't seat properly. This time I drive to Grand.

The salesman is there and he can't understand it. All he offered was a rebate form for $50 off two items. No discount of washer (same or different model), no discount on warrenty, nothing. I have no confidence in the product.

Doesn't appear to have qualify control because three washeres from the same line all had the same defective. What makes me think this appliance will last 20 years like my last washer? Made anywhere in the USA or oversees at this time does NOT mean the same as made in the USA of old.

We could count on it to last but not anymore.

I decided to cancel my whirlpool dryer and ordered a GE dryer instead. Quality assurance and pride in your work might be a thing of the past in our manufacturing industry.

Pros:
  • Removable agitator
Cons:
  • Quality was lost on the doors and top of the dryer

Preferred solution: I'd like to get a 5 year Warranty. I don't trust the product I received is built to last more than the five years before it breaks down.

User's recommendation: Do your research of the product and stores before you buy. Search reviews on what products repair history.

Resolved
Functional V

Resolved: Lifelong customer no more

Updated by user Apr 09, 2024

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology. Contacted the Better Business Bureau, and Whirlpool has agreed to pick up their defective appliance and refund us the cost of the refrigerator.

Original review Mar 25, 2024
Over the last 4 years we have purchased 11 whirlpool appliances 5 of those 11 have been refrigerators. Of the 5 refrigerators 4 have had catastrophic repair issues within the last 3 years and are as follows:
1.) Failed after 37 days of use and Technician was not able to repair, fortunately The Home Depot replaced a new refrigerator as Whirlpool was not willing to own their defect.
2.) Failed two months after purchase requiring 6 months to repair same issue, then the same issue came back two more times and now the refrigerator is out of warranty and Whirlpool doesn't want to own the defective refrigerator.
3.) Failed at just over two years due to a faulty structure with the refrigerator that was due to gaps in the seals that damaged the thermostat, defrost coil, control board. We actually were able to repair this ourselves and keep the refrigerator working.
4.) This is our most recent and last Whirlpool purchase, but we noticed the gaps in the refrigerator seals and immediately returned the refrigerator back to Lowes as we learned from the issues in the units above.
We have purchased over 20 Whirlpool appliances in the last 17 years and we are no longer going to purchase anymore as the products are terrible and the customer support and follow through matches the product.T
Loss:
Cons:
  • There refrigerators are no longer reliable

User's recommendation: Don't buy Whirlpool refrigerators

Featured
Emmalou Xnv

Verified Reviewer

I lost thousands of dollars dealing with Whirlpool junk appliances!

I lost thousands of dollars dealing with Whirlpool junk appliances!
I have 40 plus hours of my time that I had to take off work. I had 10 service calls only to have all my food go bad, got a bacterial infection because food got warm. got sick from meds to go buy more meds. then I had no refrigerator for 6 weeks, then you give me this new one that quit working after 3 weeks... all my food was bad again and no refrigerator again for another 3 weeks. I HAD TO BUY ANOTHER REFRIGERATOR! I was without a working refrigerator for 86,600 minutes and had to use the BBB to get a phone from main office! They told me whirlpool will not do anything for you, sorry!
Loss:

Preferred solution: I want a completely different model, I emailed the place I bought the unit from 5 days after purchase and asked for a different model! They told me to call Whirlpool

User's recommendation: NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM WHIRLPOOL

map-marker Pineville, Missouri

Washer under warranty

Whirlpool - Washer under warranty

I had the washer 5 months. The motor is out, the lid lock is out, and possibly the motherboard.

Going thru the warranty process was at least 5 hours on the phone, you get a different person every time. Wrong information was given multiple times. They couldnt come out for 10 days so I got my own technician to diagnose it. Theyll only pay up to 200.00 in labor and the labor is 336.

Plus I pd 84 to the technician which they say they will reimburse. Im out 136 for a washer that is 5 months old.4 more days for the technician to come. What a racket. I bought the set for 450 ea.on sale!

lol Quit making junk!

This is the second whirlpool washer with a warranty Ive had to have fixed. The last one took six weeks to fix and they ended up giving me a new one because I raised holy *** Its ridiculous

User's recommendation: Have no idea

Elizabeth S Ody

Leaking Washer

Whirlpool - Leaking Washer
Literally have has this washer less than 2 months and it leaked on the cleaning cycle. We moved into this house in December of 2023 and got the washer in January and on the cleaning cycle it leaked everywhere! Water damage to the brand new carpet, baseboards, and hardwood flooring! I clean the door every other wash and put ALL socks in a washer bag! Tomorrow I hope they can fix the issue and replace all the damage their washer has done because everything has been put in by professionals! No excuse!
Cons:
  • Everything as you learn they dont back their products

Preferred solution: Full refund, funds to pay for the damage on my house, an apology, a replacement washer or someone to come and fix and ensure it will not happen again. Haven't lost any money yet for the repairs because it needs to be covered.

User's recommendation: NOPE

Lisa Lin

Verified Reviewer

Customer service is terrible/False advertising

Whirlpool - Customer service is terrible/False advertising
Whirlpool - Customer service is terrible/False advertising - Image 2
Whirlpool - Customer service is terrible/False advertising - Image 3
Updated by user Dec 10, 2023

The drainage hose was short and cheap. I had to order a longer and more durable one on Amazon.

Original review Dec 10, 2023
I ordered a washer with a promo code for 5% off and free installation only to find out the installation is not included bc they said my order was not over $1000. No where does it say you need to spend $1000.

This is deceptive and false advertising. I had to cancel bc my delivery was only to drop off and take out of box and I need haul away. I reordered with hail away and then I received an email stating to remove haul away option and to call if I did not request this. I called and they wouldnt accommodate me at all.

They said they couldnt change the order.

Well if they couldnt change it why was it changed to begin with when I ordered haul away. The customer service rep was rude and very unprofessional.
Pros:
  • Good products
Cons:
  • Bad customer service

Preferred solution: I would like my installation and haul away that I’m willing to pay for.

User's recommendation: Do not recommend.

Lisa Lin

I finally received my washing machine which is a nice machine but I had to do everything myself bc they wouldn’t let me pay for haul away. It was a mistake on their part and still wouldn’t help me out.

I was willing to pay for the haul away and they still didn’t change my order.

They said I would have to cancel and purchase again which would cause longer wait time for my washer. Also the drain hose was so short and flimsy that I had to purchase another one in Amazon.

| map-marker Venice, Florida

Refrigerator

Whirlpool - Refrigerator
Whirlpool - Refrigerator - Image 2

Purchased a brand new Whirlpool refrigerator less than 2 years ago.

It has issues that are not repairable by parts. The freezer door sweats in between the the two doors and the water/ice dispenser leaks.

I paid the certified repair company $149 to come inspect it and they said there are no parts to fix the issues. It's basically a "lemon". Because Whirlpool only gives a one year warranty and I didnt purchase extended warranty, it is not covered for replacement.

The customer service at Whirlpool is not very helpful at all.

One woman was even rude to me for requesting written document showing who the certified repair company is. She gave me a hard time on my request to have it sent to my email.

I will never buy a Whirlpool product again!!!

User's recommendation: Stay away from Whirlpool unless you purchase an extended warranty

shannon m Sus

Garbage warranty

Whirlpool - Garbage warranty
Washer 1yr warranty not up called several times waited 3 weeks on a service guy whom didn't fix probelm because washer not working again so now I'm waiting another 3 weeks so the same fix it to come back I won't buy Whirlpool again and don't recommend anyone buy Whirlpool products
Loss:
Cons:
  • Garbage products and customer service

User's recommendation: Stay away from Whirlpool products and Lowes

Brands Related to Whirlpool

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article