Review about Whirlpool Duet from New Milford, Connecticut

My whirlpool duet has been destroying cloths since day 1.The gaskets are in tackt and the machine is level.

I had found out that some of these machines were built with German engenered parts, these machines has issues with the bearings going bad and my machine sounds like it has marbles in it on the spin cycle. I had found out the whirlpool was replacing such parts with American made parts but they won't fix mine. I'm out of warranty however have been complaining about the issue from the start. Not sure why they won't fix it but I'm pretty annoyed.

I think I have spent more money replacing cloths for a family of 7 than I spent on the machine when I bought it. Very frustrating!

Not pleased at all with whirlpool and their lack of standing behind their product.Below is just a sample of what I deal with on a daily basis.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Whirlpool Duet
Review category
Appliances and Electronics
review #669582 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Whirlpool? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jan 20 #1098071 New Milford, Connecticut

I have recently discover on my own that there is a fix to the washers eating cloths, even more pissed that is a simple solution and whirlpool won't step up to fix it. its the inner door gasket also lacked boot on the repair list. I got my from Amazon for $75but they can also go upwards on other sites to over $200. Apparently the gasket can shrink, which is what mine did creating a larger gap between the gasket and drum for cloths to get sucked into. It would be great customer service for them to supply this part, there are aware of this problem. I had been in touch with one of there service technicians who had explained this problem to me and sure enough, once I replace the gasket, no more problem. It's been 2 months now and no more damaged cloths. I hate that whirlpool won't stand behind their products. If they did, they would cover this repair regardless how old the machine. Also my machine is 4 yrs old, it started doing this around 1 1/2 trad old but whirlpool will only give you a one year warranty. That's *** on something they know can and will fail. Should be a recall!

0 0 Reply

Jul 22, 2015 #1010735

"my machine sounds like it has marbles in it"

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Whirlpool. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Whirlpool.
Filing a new complaint about