2.4
Ease of Use
Style and Design

We bought a new range last February and the warranty is good until March 2, 2019. A lid fell off our crock pot as my husband was getting out of the cabinet and hit the Grate on the range.

Should break the crock pot lid, right? Nope! Snapped off one of the pieces on the grate and they say our warranty won't cover it. It will cost us $189.40 to buy a new grate because we have to buy both left and right side, even though only the right is missing a piece.

That's a lot of money for a retired couple on SS. We were going to buy a Whirlpool washer and dryer this year that we have saved up for, but now that I know about their warranty policy, don't think we will. Don't buy Whirlpool, as the Grate is made out of pot metal and can't be fixed, and would cost an arm and a leg to replace.

Sad thing that they won't let you order ONE instead of both sides. :(

Product or Service Mentioned: Whirlpool Range.

I liked: Design, Looks of the range.

I didn't like: Quality of grate.

Comments

WP2008

Dear ModestCrab: Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear of your Gas Range concerns.

We would like to inquire further about your review with you. Please email us at Whirlpool_Reviews@Whirlpool.com, with your name, phone number, street address, zip code, model & serial number, and date of purchase, the website that you submitted your inquiry, a brief description of the issue, along with a copy of the review. We look forward to your reply.

Thank you. Whirlpool Social Care