2.3
Ease of Use
Style and Design

We decided to replace our kitchen appliances. After looking over what Lowe's and Home Depot offered, we bought Whirlpool largely based on name recognition.

That was less than 1.5 years ago. We have already experienced our first failure and the cost of the part is over half of the $600 we paid for the oven. This brings me to a conundrum: do I replace the part and hope I get better service life out of the new part, or do I wash my hands of this money pit and go with another brand.

Either way, I dont think I would recommend a Whirlpool appliance as this had left a bad taste in my mouth. And to think that I have a Whirlpool dishwasher, and a Whirlpool fridge doesn't give me a warm secure feeling.

Review about: Whirlpool Oven.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

no more Whirlpool. Better name: Cesspool Gordon

Well, Whirlpool stepped up and got me taken care of. It turned out the strip that the power cord bolts to was burned up. I don't know what caused this, no power surges that I know of but it's a possibility.

Purchase all Whirlpool appliances 4 years ago and microwave control board went out over night and the refrigerator does will not stay shut. What now, Whirlpool?

I was told by customer service that the warranty expired and will have to purchase a new control board for $227.14 or buy new microwave for $229.99.

It seems so strange that the rest of the microwave is in excellent condition and for the control board, a very small piece, would categorize the microwave as useless.

AM NOT EVER GOING TO BUY WHIRLPOOL AGAIN. THANKS FOR PIECES OF JUNK WHIRLPOOL.

WP2008
#1419603

Dear SEGARE:

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear of your Whirlpool® Range concerns.

We would like to inquire further about your review with you.

Please email us at Whirlpool_Reviews@Whirlpool.com, with your name, phone number, street address, zip code, model & serial number, and date of purchase, the website that you submitted your inquiry, and a brief description of the issue.

We look forward to your reply.

Thank you, Whirlpool® Social Media Relations