Today's refrigerators use a control board to control all of the mechanical functions. The logic of the control board is unknowable to anyone without specific training.

I have repaired refrigerators for 30+ years. I phoned Whirlpool to find out the logic of a control board. They told me no tech data is available. I emailed the company.

They told me they would send a factory rep out but they were afraid of any liability they might incur (???) if they gave out tech info. Sounds to me like they are either more interested in protecting themselves or more interested in getting service business than they are in providing good customer service. I will not recommend purchase of any of the Whirlpool refrigerator brands (Kitchen Aid, Kenmore, Amana, JennAir, Roper, Bauknect, Brastemp, Consul, Gladiator).

Turns out that I had to repair the control board (without their help). Also turns out that if you have an $8000 Whirlpool refrigerator and the control board fails, Whirlpool will no longer sell you a new one Sad

Product or Service Mentioned: Whirlpool Refrigerator.

• Fix
  • Control Board

Comments

Read your story and I agree. Whirlpool makes 2nd rate junk these days.

I bought a whirlpool dishwasher after a year an a half *** on top to control washing cycle stopped working the control board broke. I’ll never buy a whirlpool again. They’ve since started making there products to break and not last