42 Montrose Drive, Romeoville, IL 60446
1.8
Ease of Use
Style and Design

Got machine and just after 1 yr. warranty expired got F6 E3 codes.

A call to Whirlpool and they replaced the control panels as needed free of charge. Wow, great consumer relations. However, now 2 yrs and same codes AGAIN. Called Whirlpool and was told due to the age of washer (4 yrs - really??) that (and I quote) "it would be more cost effective to buy a new one".

Well as this particular one runs about $1000 um... really? Whose bright idea was it to put electronics near hot steamy water vapor? This control panel and module would end up costing close to $500 just for parts.

And then potentially having to do it again in another 2 years? Sure not spending that much to fix a piece of junk or to buy another piece of junk from Whirlpool. I expect more from a product that costs $1000. My prior machine lasted 20 yrs.

without 1 problem. I guess that was the end of an era and this is the end of Whirlpool for me.

Product or Service Mentioned: Whirlpool Wtw8500Dc Washing Machine.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Whirlpool Pros: I will never buy whirlpool appliance.

• Bad Operating Design
  • E3 F6

Comments

The exact same issue just happened with mine. Not even 4 years old. Not happy and Whirlpool won't send a free control panel.

Having same issues after 3 years

WP2008

Hey AnnoyedMarmot349, we value your time and would like to look into the concerns with your Washer. Please reach out to us directly at 1-800-253-1301, via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/whirlpoolusa/ or Twitter @WhirlpoolCare. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.

#1720321
@WP2008

YOU (Whirlpool) should be contacting me!