This hinge and lid design are awful. I've had this washer for several years and have had to replace the spring hinge twice due to rusting.

The rusting hinges cause extra stress on the plastic lid and the glass inlay pops. The hoses that feed the water to the soap and bleach/oxy send water by the metal spring causing rusting and corrosion. I spoke with the Whirlpool rep and was told that it's a known issue and a design flaw but that Whirlpool is not changing or standing behind fixing the issue and that since my machine is past the warranty, I have to incur the expense.

The hinges are about $25 each and the lid is $200. I will never purchase a Whirlpool product again.

Product or Service Mentioned: Whirlpool Washing Machine.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

WP2008

Thank you for your review.

We would like to inquire further about your review with you.

Please respond back to this email address, Maytag_Reviews@Maytag.com, with your name, phone number, street address zip code, model & serial number and date of purchase on the appliances. Also with a brief description of what you are experiencing with your Washer.