Saint Joseph, Michigan
5.0

When the pump stopped working on our 28 year old Whirlpool washer, we purchased a new Whirlpool washer & dryer on 12/02/2015 at Lowe's. The washer is model no.

WTW4815EW1. The dryer is OK, but I'm very unhappy with the washer. The water level is determined automatically and makes a continuous, irritating noise while filling (which we couldn't have known prior to purchase).

Whirlpool should be ashamed for manufacturing and selling such a noisy product. We are stuck with it but will not be purchasing another Whirlpool appliance.

Product or Service Mentioned: Whirlpool Washing Machine.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

• Whirlpool Quality

Comments

On 2/14/15, my wife and I purchased a new Whirlpool (WTW4800BQ1) from Lowes. The machine was perfect for the first 11 months.

All of a sudden we started having nothing but trouble with it, overflowing, etc. After countless visits from the repairmen, two control boards, one water temperature switch, and replacing the water inlet valve, the machine was only getting worse. I finally decided I was through playing. I opened war on Whirlpool, and even wrote to the CEO of Whirlpool.

They finally agreed to replace the machine, with this same model, (WTW4815EW1). Absolute piece of ***! Yes, the machine decides all on it's own how much water to use. It only fills half-way at best.

And, I absolutely do not appreciate not being able to have the lid open while filling. I WILL NEVER PURCHASE ANOTHER WHIRLPOOL PRODUCT! Just last night, my wife and I went back to Lowes, and purchased yet another new machine.

This time we purchased a GE/Hotpoint, without any of the bells and whistles, and without the fill-sensing ***, and without the locking lid. NO MORE WHIRLPOOL HERE!

@Greg

Yes, I agree with you. Same experience.

In addition, the machine does NOT have a fabric softener dispenser, there is no center agitator -- and yes it magically "senses", well here's a message: don't sense because it's incompetent. The water level is inadequate to even wet the top of the laundry, and yes I'm filling 2/3 full as per recommendations. I'm no newbie at laundry. I'm using Downy Balls (prefilled and dropped in at the onset of the wash cycle) -- they're fine and resolving the no fabric softeners dispenser.

I'm encouraged to buy the detergent pods $$$$ beaucoup. What moron thinks this up? Oh! But there is a bleach dispenser.

Throughout the "sensing" filling process I can hear the machine on/off and on/off filling inadequately.

Yes, I'm using HE detergent, adding all products at the onset of the cycle. This is truly a bad deal.