414 N Peters Rd, Knoxville, TN 37922, USA

Update by user Dec 03, 2016

I had to modify the hinges so the springs would not engage and epoxy glue the cracked top back together.

Original review posted by user Dec 02, 2016

The glass top has a design flaw. The springs in the lid are too rigid and the glass top cracks along the hinge line.

The machine is from 2011. We had a service rep replace the top with a new on a year and a half ago and now it has cracked and failed. I spoke to Whirlpool and am amazed they will not take ownership for their design flaw. The internet is loaded with people that have had the same problem.

I have no recourse than to speak with my wallet and encourage others to never buy a Whirlpool product.

The have lost their corporate integrity. I hope an attorney starts a class action lawsuit against Whirlpool on this issue.

Product or Service Mentioned: Whirlpool Wtw7800Xwd Washing Machine.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Whirlpool Pros: Way the machine washes clothes.

Whirlpool Cons: Refused to fix problem.

Comments

WP2008

Hello, we’re sorry to hear of your frustrations with your Washer. Can you please email us your name, user ID 34372931, ID number 965495, phone number, address and the model and serial number to Whirlpool_Digital@Whirlpool.com so we can look into this?